Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3B1BF0AE-614C-488D-9A58-4B0BF180BC09 (resized).jpeg
86DE894F-8F0A-4E66-9BA0-4FDABB87F1DF.jpeg
EBAAEB64-3356-478D-BF3C-1945F0556957.jpeg
457E6A5A-46EE-444E-964D-B7F167C6AB30.jpeg
image.jpg
20140728_171531.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 5 years ago

Positive that it’s not rattling before clipping the left of the vortex? Mine is bouncing before it even gets there.

#54 5 years ago

Also, I wouldn’t drill the Playfield if I could avoid it. Can you drill the vortex holes out a bit?

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Sorry anyone in two threads…I posted in the PinBot one too.
I drilled a new hole and changed the trajectory of the ball guide curve. Combined with a purple shooter spring and a left side ball strike, a full plunge gets to the top 40% of the time, middle 20% of the time and bottom or complete reject the other 40%.
It feels like “skill” since it seems to adjust based on the literal way I release the shooter. I can take a picture of it tomorrow. I’m hesitant to move anything.

Even my “good” setup (pre-swap) it depended very much on how I released. Not just how far I pulled back. Is the purple spring stinger or weaker than standard?

2 years later
#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

I’ve been in a similar place with my pin for some time now - it was perfect when I bought, and remained so until I recently did some repair/rebuild work in the pop bumpers. Nothing there should impact ball shooting, I know, but that’s when mine went to pot and only one ball in twenty even made it to red plastic (and then never far enough to drop in the 5K hole)
I spent the weekend reading this thread, looking, measuring, shooting a ball with the glass/game off, reading this thread again, and repeating the study. I discovered that a short pull on the plunger gave the best ball result, and determined it must have to do with how/where the plunger strikes the ball. First step was to replace the plunger sleeve with a new one, and could now hit the 5K hole one shot in ten. After additional observation I then noticed that the plunger tip barely extended past the ball rest point flange, and so I adjusted this metal flange so that there was more plunger contact and the ball sat further down into the contact zone. After much tweaking I found an adjustment where the ball is deep into the contact zone and also evenly balanced on each side (the resting flange is perpendicular to the side rail and plunger) and shoots dead center up the lane.
I’ve now played +20 games since my last adjustment this afternoon and can consistently reach the 20K hole with a full plunger pull, and easily hit the 100K with a bit less pull. Looking forward to seeing if this adjustment holds up last by term

Please update after more play. And if it seems like you have the fix, please put in pics and diagrams. This continues to plague me after a playfield replacement

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hitting-the-pinbot-vortex-well-adjust-the-shooter-screws?tu=paynemic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.