Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3B1BF0AE-614C-488D-9A58-4B0BF180BC09 (resized).jpeg
86DE894F-8F0A-4E66-9BA0-4FDABB87F1DF.jpeg
EBAAEB64-3356-478D-BF3C-1945F0556957.jpeg
457E6A5A-46EE-444E-964D-B7F167C6AB30.jpeg
image.jpg
20140728_171531.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrider:

Using slo-mo on my phone, I found the ball was hitting hard into the right side guide rail before the riveted flange. In a last ditch effort, I loosened up the 2 screws holding the right side guide rail, pulled them in as far as they could go (towards the PF and vortex) and tightened them down, although it only came in 1/4” or so, it 100% solved the problem!!!! The ball now rockets up the vortex!!!
[quoted image]

On mine I loosened the one screw at the right rail near where it meets the vortex entrance and pulled it down as far as it would go and retightened, so at the transition the ball doesn't nick the edge of the vortex entrance (ball just *barely* flies over it) and that fixed the ball rattling and stopping sometimes as soon as it entered the vortex. I just noticed from your picture that the spring blade mounted on the right rail is broken off from mine! But with the adjustment I made it doesn't seem to be a big deal, ball goes thru there smooth now. I suppose that spring just makes it so adjustment wouldn't need to be this picky given differences in position of these things from game to game.

Marco sells a sheet of spring steel so I might try making a replacement but again that adjustment on mine smoothed that area out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hitting-the-pinbot-vortex-well-adjust-the-shooter-screws?tu=frenchmarky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.