IMG_0878_(resized).JPG
IMG_0873_(resized).JPG
IMG_0874_(resized).JPG
IMG_0871_(resized).JPG
IMG_0877_(resized).JPG
IMG_0869_(resized).JPG
IMG_0870_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Been looking for one for a few years now........

IMG_0870_(resized).JPGIMG_0870_(resized).JPG

IMG_0869_(resized).JPGIMG_0869_(resized).JPG

IMG_0877_(resized).JPGIMG_0877_(resized).JPG

IMG_0871_(resized).JPGIMG_0871_(resized).JPG

IMG_0874_(resized).JPGIMG_0874_(resized).JPG

IMG_0873_(resized).JPGIMG_0873_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Congrats! HtD plays VERY fast for a EM. Enjoy

#3 7 years ago

Yes it does. I played dirtflipper's HTD when I paid him a visit and found that out.

#4 7 years ago

Congrats hoov, I remember playing that one in the wild when it was brand new. Even back then I knew that HTD played different than a lot of other Gottliebs, liked it, and thought the artwork was cool. It would be interesting to play one now and what my thoughts would be.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:Congrats hoov, I remember playing that one in the wild when it was brand new. Even back then I knew that HTD played different than a lot of other Gottliebs, liked it, and thought the artwork was cool. It would be interesting to play one now and what my thoughts would be.

Thanks Ken. Plays faster than the rest of my em's but change is good adding a little variety to the collection as I did with a few aab's.

#6 7 years ago

Forgot the pic of the play meter - pretty low plays on this one - could be accurate according to condition - very clean machine.

IMG_0878_(resized).JPGIMG_0878_(resized).JPG

#7 7 years ago

Looks great!

#8 7 years ago

Hey that looks very familiar! Oh yeah, just saw it last night. Thanks for the tour of your game room, Dave. That is one sweet survivor for sure.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Plays faster than the rest of my em's

Those DC coils add a lot of kick don't they? People considering high tap might want to try this route instead.

Anyway Hoov, congrats! It's always nice to pick up a fine example of a game you've wanted for a while.

#10 7 years ago

Nice game, will never part with my Neptune.

#11 7 years ago

It's kind of a shame, Gottlieb was late to the party with DC power (Williams had it years earlier) for EMs just like they were late to the party with SS games.

It's just me, but it's a lot easier to high tap earlier Gottlieb EM games than it is to convert them to DC. I haven't done it on all my games, but the ones I have play closer to a DC game just with that change alone, and easily reversible.

Bally games that were 50v have the same kind of faster play.

#12 7 years ago

Check out your serial number. Mine is a sample game, and I'm wondering if they were all samples? Mine is 1002

https://goo.gl/photos/MSoTRqxQ7KidQHgVA

#13 7 years ago

Now that's a weird ass theme...cards...boats...mythical ocean gods....man, they made every theme and then mixed it with cards. Awesome looking game though! Congrats.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

Check out your serial number. Mine is a sample game, and I'm wondering if they were all samples? Mine is 1002
https://goo.gl/photos/MSoTRqxQ7KidQHgVA

Todd,

Nope - Mine is 03285 and dirtflipper had 2 non sample HTD's - 03305 & 03315 - and he had a sample like yours in the same range as yours. He thought it was ironic the 3 non-sample games he knows of ended in "5". I haven't had time to go to the IPSND yet and add mine but I will.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Now that's a weird ass theme...cards...boats...mythical ocean gods....man, they made every theme and then mixed it with cards. Awesome looking game though! Congrats.

And add Bermuda......

#16 7 years ago

Looks great ! congrats !

#17 7 years ago

03403 reporting in. Hit the Deck is awesome. Would never part with mine either!

Your game seems to be in very good shape. There isn't even outhole kicker wear or atleast that what I can see?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

03403 reporting in. Hit the Deck is awesome. Would never part with mine either!
Your game seems to be in very good shape. There isn't even outhole kicker wear or atleast that what I can see?

No wear - that's the first place you'll see wear on a playfield normally. Maybe the play meter is accurate - who knows?

#19 7 years ago

Very nice pick up

Real fun game, super fast, super addictive and more strategy than first appears.

One of the best 70's Gottliebs for sure.

#20 7 years ago

Such a fun game to play. Congrats!

#21 7 years ago

nice score, you got a good looking one for sure.

#22 7 years ago

Cool looking game...those fake "digital" score reels always crack me up.

Wico or someone like them sold decals like that so ops could spruce up their old EMs, but I think this game is the only time it came that way from the factory. I don't think they were fooling anybody.

#23 7 years ago

This is one of the few games that I actually remember from my playing days in school;
definitely remember the unusual "digital" score reels.
Did not really like the game at the time.

Nearly bought one when living in Bakersfield CA,
Someone had contacted me to help fix one, stored at some painter's warehouse;
but it disappeared when I returned a month later in an attempt to buy it.
Found a Neptune later, which I am happy with,
but would like one of those Italian mods with risque PF/BG.

Hoov you will have to get rid of it soon,
as the CAB clashes with the rest of your wedgeheads.

#25 7 years ago

Congrats Dave-you have picked up a particularly nice machine. I agree with previous posts this DC game is fast, the graphics are very appealing & unlike some other posters I rather like the fake digital score reels which reflect the rather sad crowning of the EM era.

#26 7 years ago

it is a different game..and tough..i own a neptune and always thought it would of been a better game if there were only 2 bumpers (the outer 2 pushed out slightly).

1 week later
#27 7 years ago

Wasn't there one where the girl was topless?

#29 7 years ago

Some where in my pinball photo archive, I've got shots of the xrated BG and PF,
from an Italian Neptune that some operator modified, that came up on ebay about 10 yrs ago.
But can't find them now, so was able to scour the web for this image (link)
to post here for reference.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5177&picno=47081

xrated_neptune_BG_(resized).jpgxrated_neptune_BG_(resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago

Awesome looking pin. Love all vibrant colors and art.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Awesome looking pin. Love all vibrant colors and art.

It is also a much better player than I ever imagined it would be. Totally unique as it plays so fast and strategy and luck needed to get joker to cash in.

#32 7 years ago

3 great Wedgeheads in the background

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Some where in my pinball photo archive, I've got shots of the xrated BG and PF,
from an Italian Neptune that some operator modified, that came up on ebay about 10 yrs ago.
But can't find them now, so was able to scour the web for this image (link)
to post here for reference.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5177&picno=47081

What was it with Italians and digits? I get it adds a "cool factor" but nearly every machine with only 4 score reels were jacked up by operators in Italy to add some extra fake ones

2 months later
#34 7 years ago

Congratulations on finding one,they are a rare breed!
I bought mine from my best friend who purchased it from the original owner here in Portland,Oregon.

#35 7 years ago

Can remember seeing and playing these in the arcades in Calgary, Green and with the red letting on the score reels, they stood out. Last time I saw one, in person, was in 1984. (Except for the PHoF.)

4 months later
#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Can remember seeing and playing these in the arcades in Calgary, Green and with the red letting on the score reels, they stood out. Last time I saw one, in person, was in 1984. (Except for the PHoF.)

Finally found one too Dave. Cleaned up the pf the best I could and now running down the minor issues.

Just confirming the game play... completing a sequence lights the joker capture/kicker. Once that is made any "pairs" completed are now lit for 5K scoring. Making all the seq the two kicker holes light for specials.

Anything else?

Tempted to tie the knocker to the 10K drive relay

#37 7 years ago

there are a fair few hit the deck's here in australia (compared to the low numbers made).

have a really clean neptune (the aab) and looking to sell or trade, do you think there is any interest for it here? nope

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

there are a fair few hit the deck's here in australia (compared to the low numbers made).
have a really clean neptune (the aab) and looking to sell or trade, do you think there is any interest for it here? nope

I have a friend in New South Wales that is always interested in adding new wedgeheads to his collection. I will let him know about your Neptune.

Marcus

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Finally found one too Dave. Cleaned up the pf the best I could and now running down the minor issues.
Just confirming the game play... completing a sequence lights the joker capture/kicker. Once that is made any "pairs" completed are now lit for 5K scoring. Making all the seq the two kicker holes light for specials.
Anything else?

This game is fun!

Yes, get a pair and you have alternating 5000 score.

When you get the Joker all pairs light solid for 5000. It's possible to have every rollover lit for 5000 and then the adrenalin really kicks in.

Here is card.

Near the end of my p/f swap and just noticed there are conservative and liberal post settings that would make a big difference how easy/difficult the game is.

For home use, going to go conservative as harder games keep me coming back

IMG_0619 (resized).JPGIMG_0619 (resized).JPG
IMG_0618 (resized).JPGIMG_0618 (resized).JPG

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Anything else?

Congrats on your HTD Ken! I read about your HTD in another thread. These late era games play fast - better not blink your eye or you might miss a flip.

Quoted from illawarra92:

Put it up for sale or trade and see what happens..........I gotta believe that would be good trade bait.

Next up - Strange World. If anyone gets a lead on one let me know. I've found out timing is everything in this hobby

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Put it up for sale or trade and see what happens..........I gotta believe that would be good trade bait.

have it on aussie arcade and not one bite..maybe the wrong time of year?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

Put a Santa hat on it and say, "Perfect Xmas present!"

#43 7 years ago

Someone should want it. Winter (now) good here in US. Not sure about AU.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

Have you tried it in novelty mode?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hit-the-deck-finally-found-one?hl=spider3582 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.