7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by phergott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1231160835b (resized).jpg
    0107171448 (resized).jpg
    HTD8 (resized).jpg
    HTD9 (resized).jpg
    HTD9.1 (resized).jpg
    HTD3 (resized).jpg
    HTD4 (resized).jpg
    HTD5 (resized).jpg
    HTD1.1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phergott.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys, so I recently acquired this nice HTD. I found a couple of mods(thanks DirtFlipper for clarification), that can be reversed.
    Mod #1) a resistor was added to the bridge rectifier in place of the blue wire. If I read the schematic right, the rectifier is tied in to the pop bumpers. So why a resistor?
    HTD3 (resized).jpgHTD3 (resized).jpg
    Mod #2) for some reason someone decided to use a different lamp hookup.
    HTD4 (resized).jpgHTD4 (resized).jpgHTD5 (resized).jpgHTD5 (resized).jpgHTD1.1 (resized).jpgHTD1.1 (resized).jpg

Question #2: does this switch, used on the kick/pop bumpers, a tungsten contact, or something else being DC powered. If something else, what's the proper way to clean them?
    HTD9.1 (resized).jpgHTD9.1 (resized).jpgHTD9 (resized).jpgHTD9 (resized).jpg

Question #3 whether or not to use pop bumper Mylar. When I got this game there were no mylars. While the paint is intact, the wood has been dented by the pop bumper skirts. I can't make up my mind whether or not to to use mylar(I have both adhesive and non-adhesive). Opinions would be appreciated.HTD8 (resized).jpgHTD8 (resized).jpg
    -Chris

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

Your pf looks exceptional-very fortunate pickup

Yes, very fortunate-thanks. I had to remove the inserts as the old glue was soft, they flexed when I pushed down on them. After I reinserted them I touched up the black lines and whatever else needed it. Here's a before and after shot.

0107171448 (resized).jpg0107171448 (resized).jpg

1231160835b (resized).jpg1231160835b (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phergott.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hit-the-deck-a-few-questions?tu=phergott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.