Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinwiztom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DEahC53VYAArOAu (resized).jpg
    562A25C3-B7B4-4007-9E3E-9A9EF5666E6C (resized).jpeg
    38EDA030-B4E9-488E-8ED1-63F5036F292F (resized).png
    CB46D30B-9CF7-48A8-9EAC-7F7864AFDFC7 (resized).jpeg
    5C21B96A-C9DB-417D-9EEB-C5DE97EFF369 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

Picked up a very Nice Hit the Deck Sample game. Very clean. Not sure how i feel about the yellow legs and side metal. Nicely done powder coated. But I’m kinda a purist.

5C21B96A-C9DB-417D-9EEB-C5DE97EFF369 (resized).jpeg5C21B96A-C9DB-417D-9EEB-C5DE97EFF369 (resized).jpeg38EDA030-B4E9-488E-8ED1-63F5036F292F (resized).png38EDA030-B4E9-488E-8ED1-63F5036F292F (resized).pngCB46D30B-9CF7-48A8-9EAC-7F7864AFDFC7 (resized).jpegCB46D30B-9CF7-48A8-9EAC-7F7864AFDFC7 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 years ago

Ugh! I wish whoever had done that had left the game factory. That looks like crap! It's only original once.

#3 5 years ago

Strip powder coating and get a set of new legs from PBR.....

First you got a 01001 S Buccaneer...and now a 1002 S Hit the Deck......hmmmm

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

Strip powder coating and get a set of new legs from PBR.....
    First you got a 01001 S Buccaneer...and now a 1002 S Hit the Deck......hmmmm

Sometimes you just get lucky!

#5 5 years ago

Yeah that is f'in ugly. Switch it back to chrome!

#6 5 years ago

Are there any differences between the sample HtD and a normal machine?

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from jasonspoint28:

Are there any differences between the sample HtD and a normal machine?

This machine does not have the coin mech.

#8 5 years ago

What is your number listed as? You made me curious and with 375 produced my number is 03452. Am I #34 or 345....can't be the last 3 one would think, unless they did some funky numbering.

#9 5 years ago

...and yes, I'm looking at mine right behind my screen with nice shiny chrome legs. You do need to change them back....IMO, of course.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from guard:

...and yes, I'm looking at mine right behind my screen with nice shiny chrome legs. You do need to change them back....IMO, of course.

Mine is 01002 S. The yellow legs and sides bug the hell out of me because they shouldn’t be. But I get drawn in everytime I see it. Ha. But I’m a purist at heart.

#11 5 years ago
    562A25C3-B7B4-4007-9E3E-9A9EF5666E6C (resized).jpeg562A25C3-B7B4-4007-9E3E-9A9EF5666E6C (resized).jpeg
    #12 5 years ago

Ugh that's just so wrong. I'm sorry.

DEahC53VYAArOAu (resized).jpgDEahC53VYAArOAu (resized).jpg
    #13 5 years ago

Sample games to me are just so iconic. If the legs & rails are original from that sample game I think it would be unfortunate to change them-but of course your call steam vette. They certainly are different but as an owner of HtD I rather like the sample colour.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

Sample games to me are just so iconic. If the legs & rails are original from that sample game I think it would be unfortunate to change them-but of course your call steam vette. They certainly are different but as an owner of HtD I rather like the sample colour.

If it came from the factory yellow then yes I would absolutely keep them yellow. But in this case I don't think they were yellow.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from guard:

What is your number listed as? You made me curious and with 375 produced my number is 03452. Am I #34 or 345....can't be the last 3 one would think, unless they did some funky numbering.

It looks like there are 2 groupings of serial numbers. Maybe the first grouping is sample games and the second is production? It seems typical for that era of machines.

http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=1201

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from SteamVette:

If it came from the factory yellow then yes I would absolutely keep them yellow. But in this case I don't think they were yellow.

I think the only colored legs Gottlieb did were red around 1956.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from SteamVette:

This machine does not have the coin mech.

That doesn't really mean anything. A factory coin mech easily could have disappeared over the past 40 years.

Man that yellow. I mean yellow trim is almost always atrocious - I can think of a Wheel of Fortune and JP I've seen for sale recently - but on an EM it's just abominable.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That doesn't really mean anything. A factory coin mech easily could have disappeared over the past 40 years.

That’s true, I wonder if any late 70’s Wedghead with two quarter slots would work? Would like to put one on for looks if nothing else.

#19 5 years ago

Hmmmm Didn't look that way when I owed it.

https://goo.gl/photos/MSoTRqxQ7KidQHgVA

Pulling the coin mechs (AND all the wiring) was typically done by operators when they sold their machines so that they wouldn't show up on a competitors route. I never saw the need to try and find all the mechs and rewire it, just so I could put it on free play.

Glad it found a new home.

#20 5 years ago

mystery solved
    I do like the yellow legs,
    but the yellow lockdown bar and side rails took it a step too far.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hit-the-deck-1002-s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.