5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by pinwiztom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DEahC53VYAArOAu (resized).jpg
    562A25C3-B7B4-4007-9E3E-9A9EF5666E6C (resized).jpeg
    38EDA030-B4E9-488E-8ED1-63F5036F292F (resized).png
    CB46D30B-9CF7-48A8-9EAC-7F7864AFDFC7 (resized).jpeg
    5C21B96A-C9DB-417D-9EEB-C5DE97EFF369 (resized).jpeg

#1 5 months ago

Picked up a very Nice Hit the Deck Sample game. Very clean. Not sure how i feel about the yellow legs and side metal. Nicely done powder coated. But I’m kinda a purist.

5C21B96A-C9DB-417D-9EEB-C5DE97EFF369 (resized).jpeg38EDA030-B4E9-488E-8ED1-63F5036F292F (resized).pngCB46D30B-9CF7-48A8-9EAC-7F7864AFDFC7 (resized).jpeg

#2 5 months ago

Ugh! I wish whoever had done that had left the game factory. That looks like crap! It's only original once.

#3 5 months ago

Strip powder coating and get a set of new legs from PBR.....

First you got a 01001 S Buccaneer...and now a 1002 S Hit the Deck......hmmmm

#4 5 months ago
    Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

Strip powder coating and get a set of new legs from PBR.....
    First you got a 01001 S Buccaneer...and now a 1002 S Hit the Deck......hmmmm

Sometimes you just get lucky!

#5 5 months ago

Yeah that is f'in ugly. Switch it back to chrome!

#6 5 months ago

Are there any differences between the sample HtD and a normal machine?

#7 5 months ago
    Quoted from jasonspoint28:

Are there any differences between the sample HtD and a normal machine?

This machine does not have the coin mech.

#8 5 months ago

What is your number listed as? You made me curious and with 375 produced my number is 03452. Am I #34 or 345....can't be the last 3 one would think, unless they did some funky numbering.

#9 5 months ago

...and yes, I'm looking at mine right behind my screen with nice shiny chrome legs. You do need to change them back....IMO, of course.

#10 5 months ago
    Quoted from guard:

...and yes, I'm looking at mine right behind my screen with nice shiny chrome legs. You do need to change them back....IMO, of course.

Mine is 01002 S. The yellow legs and sides bug the hell out of me because they shouldn’t be. But I get drawn in everytime I see it. Ha. But I’m a purist at heart.

#11 5 months ago
    562A25C3-B7B4-4007-9E3E-9A9EF5666E6C (resized).jpeg
    #12 5 months ago

Ugh that's just so wrong. I'm sorry.

DEahC53VYAArOAu (resized).jpg
    #13 5 months ago

Sample games to me are just so iconic. If the legs & rails are original from that sample game I think it would be unfortunate to change them-but of course your call steam vette. They certainly are different but as an owner of HtD I rather like the sample colour.

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from wayner:

Sample games to me are just so iconic. If the legs & rails are original from that sample game I think it would be unfortunate to change them-but of course your call steam vette. They certainly are different but as an owner of HtD I rather like the sample colour.

If it came from the factory yellow then yes I would absolutely keep them yellow. But in this case I don't think they were yellow.

#15 5 months ago
    Quoted from guard:

What is your number listed as? You made me curious and with 375 produced my number is 03452. Am I #34 or 345....can't be the last 3 one would think, unless they did some funky numbering.

It looks like there are 2 groupings of serial numbers. Maybe the first grouping is sample games and the second is production? It seems typical for that era of machines.

http://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=1201

#16 5 months ago
    Quoted from SteamVette:

If it came from the factory yellow then yes I would absolutely keep them yellow. But in this case I don't think they were yellow.

I think the only colored legs Gottlieb did were red around 1956.

#17 5 months ago
    Quoted from SteamVette:

This machine does not have the coin mech.

That doesn't really mean anything. A factory coin mech easily could have disappeared over the past 40 years.

Man that yellow. I mean yellow trim is almost always atrocious - I can think of a Wheel of Fortune and JP I've seen for sale recently - but on an EM it's just abominable.

#18 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That doesn't really mean anything. A factory coin mech easily could have disappeared over the past 40 years.

That’s true, I wonder if any late 70’s Wedghead with two quarter slots would work? Would like to put one on for looks if nothing else.

#19 5 months ago

Hmmmm Didn't look that way when I owed it.

https://goo.gl/photos/MSoTRqxQ7KidQHgVA

Pulling the coin mechs (AND all the wiring) was typically done by operators when they sold their machines so that they wouldn't show up on a competitors route. I never saw the need to try and find all the mechs and rewire it, just so I could put it on free play.

Glad it found a new home.

#20 5 months ago

mystery solved
    I do like the yellow legs,
    but the yellow lockdown bar and side rails took it a step too far.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 49.95
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 90.00
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 129.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside