Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

baseball_1 - Copy (resized).jpg
Hit_Stepper_Issue (resized).jpg
Hit_LockRelay (resized).jpg
Hit_Schem_1 (resized).jpg
Hit_Run_Start (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-up.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Yep, that's the game! I can do a quick video without all the music sometime, sure. The one in the vid you linked is in nicer shape backglass-wise.
The one on that video also has the instruction cards I need, but I can't seem to find a good clear view of them by pausing the video!

I just picked one of these up today. Are you still in need of the instruction cards? They are in good shape and present in the game I've got. Currently going through the game and cleaning up all of the steppers, contacts, and adjusting relays..... about 80% done with that...... see what happens when that's all gone through and if any issues are left.

#14 4 years ago

I think I've got my Hit and Run down to one remaining issue. The bat swing button doesn't seem to be working. Game starts, steps through strikes, outs, innings, and comes to proper completion with a game over at the appropriate time, but after the pitch, when you hit the button to swing the bat, it doesn't move.

You can manually swing the bat and it will continue on as if there was an actual hit, so I'm going to look and see if that pitch relay is energizing the zone and bat relays, if so then I'll check their adjustments and such and go from there. My guess is bad contact in the pitch, zone, or bat relay.

I had just pulled everything out of the game, vacuumed it all out, cleaned and adjusted every switch in the entire game, cleaned the steppers, and made sure they all make/break as they should. Seems I may have missed an adjustment or left a small piece of qtip somewhere with something to do with the bat swing. There was quite a bit wrong with the game before, but it actually did swing the bat before I went through and did my typical clean/adjusting.

Hoping I can finish this one up this weekend.

#15 4 years ago

Man, I've got to call it on this one for today. I've been through EVERYTHING 2-3 times, and still, when you hit the swing button, the bat doesn't move. I just don't get it right now. Been around the world with the file and meter making sure everything is make and break and has solid wiping contact. I have continuity from the button switches to the cabinet side of the connector that they plug into.

There is one jones plug (the middle one) on the bottom board that the playfield plugs into that looks like its a bit dark but I've cleaned all the plug ends coming from the playfield and that's always cleaned up enough of a connection for everything to work on many many other EM games I've been through. I've wiggled and pressed on everything I swear...... unreal, so close to playing this........

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

Wish I had one... going to have to get one for sure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin-up.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hit-and-run-base-ball-williams-1970-1971?tu=Pin-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.