(Topic ID: 153251)

Hint from Stern that Led Zepplin is coming?

By thedarkknight77

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rick-springfield-linda-blair-27220_(resized).jpg
    dragon_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 8 years ago

Johnny fn Cash!

#39 8 years ago

You guys got it all wrong. Didn't you notice Simon and Garfunkel?

2 months later
    #56 7 years ago

I was 15 years old when I saw Zep and they killed it. First concert I went to. I'll never forget when they broke into Achilles Last Stand.

I'll still play the CDs now and then when we are banging away on the EMs, but I sure don't want to hear it every minute I'm playing a brand new pinball machine. That already ruined any fond memories I had of Metallica.

If you want a way to get sick of your favorite classic rock bands, then just put them on a pinball machine. Hendrix would be another story though. He never had a chance to burn out.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

LOL, saw UM do an awesome Song Remains the Same last year at Wanee.

This is the one I saw.

#62 7 years ago

And the afforementioned Achilles Last Stand. Awesome!

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Robert Plant just could not sing live.

Throat cancer will do that to you.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
    He croaked through every song.
    I've got a ton of bootleg Zep concerts on vinyl and they are all croaky too.

The acoustics at the LA Forum were so bad it was hard to tell what songs they were playing sometimes. But I would not trade that experience for nothing. They played for near 4 hours and Keith Moon made an appearance. There wasn't a song that I wanted them to play left out.

#69 7 years ago

The day they released In Through the Out Door had to be one of the most disappointing days in 70s rock music history. Some of us thought it was a joke. Hot Dog was cool though..

Thank the lord punk was taking over by then.

#71 7 years ago

Nobody seemed to give a damn when Rick Springfield was doing Linda Blair. Oh, but that was the 70s.

#72 7 years ago

They were a cute couple though.

rick-springfield-linda-blair-27220_(resized).jpgrick-springfield-linda-blair-27220_(resized).jpg

#74 7 years ago

I'm thinking Coachella. They have all the good bands at that festival. Usually.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hint-from-stern-that-zepplin-is-coming?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.