Hint from Stern that Led Zepplin is coming?

(Topic ID: 153251)

Hint from Stern that Led Zepplin is coming?

By thedarkknight77

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rick-springfield-linda-blair-27220_(resized).jpg
    dragon_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

What are you talking about? While ACDC is fine (I guess), its music was just made-for-radio 3 minute, 30 second standard rock fare.

I think what he is saying is that AC/DCs songs rock harder, and thus are still played at every sporting event.

AC/DC still plays to packed stadiums, not with an **unplugged** set, but still rocking out.

The last place I heard a Zep song, other than on the radio, was in a perfume commercial:

No one would argue that Zep is the more talented band.

BTW here is the original Muddy Water's 1962 version of "Whole Lotta Love" that Zep stole:

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

It's going to be Iron Maiden folks! However Dirty Donny is working on something for Stern Now. Hmmmnnnn

I will bet $5 its led zeppelin from stern...

#53 2 years ago

Dirty Donny Does Led Zeppelin? Hmnn Was thinking Maiden was more his style.

If it's Led Zeppelin they better fricking make it epic like MET

Quoted from wizard_mode:

I will bet $5 its led zeppelin from stern...

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The last place I heard a Zep song, other than on the radio, was in a perfume commercial

Not my experience. When out at show enjoying a rock or jam band that is showing off their musicianship, they often pull out some zep to the delight of the crowd, and not much AC/DC.

Here is a great memory.. (Can't stop watching Stanton thrashing those drums.)

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Not my experience. When out at show enjoying a rock or jam band that is showing off their musicianship, they often pull out some zep to the delight of the crowd, and not much AC/DC.
    » YouTube video

I beg to differ. And UM is 10x better than galactic IMO. Galactic used to be way better, but they are just okay now.

But of course they don't discriminate on who they cover either. Haha. Also red rocks.

#56 2 years ago

I was 15 years old when I saw Zep and they killed it. First concert I went to. I'll never forget when they broke into Achilles Last Stand.

I'll still play the CDs now and then when we are banging away on the EMs, but I sure don't want to hear it every minute I'm playing a brand new pinball machine. That already ruined any fond memories I had of Metallica.

If you want a way to get sick of your favorite classic rock bands, then just put them on a pinball machine. Hendrix would be another story though. He never had a chance to burn out.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I beg to differ. And UM is 10x better than galactic IMO. Galactic used to be way better, but they are just okay now.
    » YouTube video

Uff...that was horrible.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

And UM is 10x better

LOL, saw UM do an awesome Song Remains the Same last year at Wanee.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff...that was horrible.

Haha. Pretty impossible to replicate the lead of ACDC's voice unless you're Jim Breuer.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

LOL, saw UM do an awesome Song Remains the Same last year at Wanee.

This is the one I saw.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Saw Led Zep twice in the 70s. Robert Plant just could not sing live. The rest of the band was tight.

When the Levee Breaks was not even written by Zep, it was stolen from Kansas Joe McCoy 1929

#62 2 years ago

And the afforementioned Achilles Last Stand. Awesome!

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This is the one I saw.
    » YouTube video

That's seems amazing. For us youngin's all we have are the occasional covers of these great classic rock bands.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Robert Plant just could not sing live.

Throat cancer will do that to you.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

Exactly.

He croaked through every song.

I've got a ton of bootleg Zep concerts on vinyl and they are all croaky too.

I'm sure glad we have the great studio albums for future generations to listen to.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Exactly.
    He croaked through every song.
    I've got a ton of bootleg Zep concerts on vinyl and they are all croaky too.

The acoustics at the LA Forum were so bad it was hard to tell what songs they were playing sometimes. But I would not trade that experience for nothing. They played for near 4 hours and Keith Moon made an appearance. There wasn't a song that I wanted them to play left out.

#67 2 years ago

I'd love to see a Dread Zeppelin pin Elvis, Zeppelin and Reggae all mixed into one...

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

No way, It's Hello Kitty.

Kitty Perry.......can't wait.

#69 2 years ago

The day they released In Through the Out Door had to be one of the most disappointing days in 70s rock music history. Some of us thought it was a joke. Hot Dog was cool though..

Thank the lord punk was taking over by then.

#70 2 years ago

How bout Jimmy Page kidnapping the 14 year old girl?

Even though Elvis wins by banging Priscilla by 3 months younger, it's still amazing that he got away with it:

#71 2 years ago

Nobody seemed to give a damn when Rick Springfield was doing Linda Blair. Oh, but that was the 70s.

#72 2 years ago

They were a cute couple though.

rick-springfield-linda-blair-27220_(resized).jpg

#73 2 years ago

How about a Woodstock themed machine? That way you get a wide variety of music and you never get sick of it. Might be an interesting project.

#74 2 years ago

I'm thinking Coachella. They have all the good bands at that festival. Usually.

#75 2 years ago

Zeppelin is really struggling these days. The poorest of the three surviving members, John Paul Jones is worth 80 million dollars.

2 months later
    #76 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I think what he is saying is that AC/DCs songs rock harder, and thus are still played at every sporting event.
    AC/DC still plays to packed stadiums, not with an **unplugged** set, but still rocking out.
    The last place I heard a Zep song, other than on the radio, was in a perfume commercial:
    » YouTube video
    No one would argue that Zep is the more talented band.
    BTW here is the original Muddy Water's 1962 version of "Whole Lotta Love" that Zep stole:
    » YouTube video

I'm going shopping for Dior Homme Parfum. I don't even care what it smells like. That commercial rocks with or without the pun.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

How about a Woodstock themed machine? That way you get a wide variety of music and you never get sick of it. Might be an interesting project.

Honestly, a "freedom Rock" pin would be sweet. Am I the only one that remembers the commercials? "Is that Freedom Rock? Well, turn it up man!"

2 months later
    #78 2 years ago

STERN....ZEPPLIN.....YES....NOW...
    TAKE MY MONEY FOR LE!

#79 2 years ago

On that note....

1 month later
    #80 2 years ago

This was the reveal I was hoping to see at Expo! Come on Stern...make a Zepplin pin!

#81 2 years ago

I was hoping for the Slade reveal

Greatest guitar tone ever.

#82 2 years ago

In the spirit of Halloween there was always hope for a Phantasm or Evil Dead reveal.....

#83 2 years ago

Do not pay $12 to see the new Phantasm Ravager this weekend; it sucked.

-

Do pay $12 to see the remastered original Phantasm, now back in theaters.

#84 2 years ago

iron maiden or my non existent money is safe

#85 2 years ago

Robert Plant was on Austin City Limits the other night, jammin' Black Dog:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 129.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 79.99
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    £ 80.00
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside