(Topic ID: 153251)

Hint from Stern that Led Zepplin is coming?

By thedarkknight77

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rick-springfield-linda-blair-27220_(resized).jpg
    dragon_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Did you guys check out the Stern Q&A with Steve Ritchie? Physical Graffiti front and center.........Coincidence?............I think not!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Nah, I think it's going to be Dirty Dancing.

#3 8 years ago

I've had the time of my life on this thread!

#4 8 years ago

I see 3 Michael Jackson albums.

#5 8 years ago

I mean give me the MJ "Thriller" LE or the Johnny Cash "Boy Named Sue" Premium.

#7 8 years ago

I thought you were never supposed to "Grease" a pinball?

#8 8 years ago

My Little Pony for the win!

#9 8 years ago

You guys are all wrong. it's "Saturday Night Fever" Bee Gees at the bottom.

#10 8 years ago

Isn't one of them hootie and the blow fish?

#11 8 years ago

Garth Brooks?

#12 8 years ago

Forest Gump is what I'm hearing... But since Tom Hanks won't allow his likeness, it's just going to be a Chinese ping pong theme.

#13 8 years ago

You guys still don't see the biggest hint? What album is missing on this picture?

The new STEEL PANTHER Live Album!!!!

So STEEL PANTHER it is....next STERN game!.....about f....time!!!

#14 8 years ago

You're way, way off.

dragon_(resized).jpgdragon_(resized).jpg

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Did you guys check out the Stern Q&A with Steve Ritchie? Physical Graffiti front and center.........Coincidence?............I think not!
    image_(resized).jpg

Tell me your asking sarcasticlly.
    While Zep may have been a good band in thier day, the sun has set on them and there arent enough people who would buy a Led Zepplin pin to even make it worth Sterns time.
    Not attaching you personally, I'm just being realistic.
    Seems like this same type of thread comes up over and over again with the same jokes.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

While Zep may have been a good band in thier day, the sun has set on them and there arent enough people who would buy a Led Zepplin pin to even make it worth Sterns time.
    Seems like this same type of thread comes up over and over again with the same jokes.

You need to sniff some more glue and listen to your Wham album collection

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

You guys still don't see the biggest hint? What album is missing on this picture?
    The new STEEL PANTHER Live Album!!!!
    So STEEL PANTHER it is....next STERN game!.....about f....time!!!

Cool!

Can't wait for the opportunity to shoot my balls into the "Gloryhole"! Also, I have it on good authority that one of the main "toys" is a high voltage/low current circuit that gives you a little buzz through the lockdown bar when you lock three balls (two in the pink zone, one in the brown zone) and score the "Shocker" multiball. Giggity goo!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

Wrong.
    http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2014/10/29/led-zeppelin-reissue-taylor-swift/

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-10-28/led-zeppelin-sales-soar-as-stairway-to-heaven-suit-continues

#19 8 years ago

Yes,it's coming. It's just taking a long time to get together with the band members. They've been working on it for a few years.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

Nah, Led Zep is timeless! I bet they have even more fans now than they did in the 70s; back then their fan base was just Boomers, but in the 35 years since Bonzo's death they have added millions of GenX and Millennial fans and probably sell as many albums now as they did then.

If KISS can still sell games, Zep certainly can!

#21 8 years ago

My Little Pony at the favored right hand position. Get it done Gary!

#22 8 years ago

Where are all the Rush nerds!!!These threads almost always end with "we want a Zombie game with a Rush soundtrack"

#23 8 years ago

It would be nice to see a Kiss cover here in foreground for a code drop hint!
    Led would be sweet though.

#24 8 years ago

Grease is the word !

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Where are all the Rush nerds!!!These threads almost always end with "we want a Zombie game with a Rush soundtrack"

Forget the zombie theme and give me a "2112" pin, that could be a "holy grail" game for some of us!

#26 8 years ago

"Attention all planets of the solar federation, we have assumed control...."

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

While Zep may have been a good band in thier day, the sun has set on them

Even though Zep has faded down to the level of car, perfume, and video game commercials; they are still the greatest cover band of all time.

#28 8 years ago

This thread is gonna experience the woozle effect any minute....

#29 8 years ago

Johnny fn Cash!

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

Shit, man. Zeppelin is equal or greater than any other band that has a pinball machine. Check yo self.

#32 8 years ago

Screw it!!! Sinatra pin!!! RAT PACK MULTIBALL!!!!!

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

You're way, way off.

dragon_(resized).jpg

Haha

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

You can say the same thing about ACDC except they probably have a smaller following.

#35 8 years ago

Zeppllin is going to tour in 2017. Hmmmmmm

#36 8 years ago

I totally think a Led Zeppelin pin is in the works, and Dirty Donny might be doing the artwork.

#37 8 years ago

Who's the dude standing to the right?

#38 8 years ago

Saturday Night Fever disco pin! Imagine the dance floor light show!

Stayin' Alive ball save. Boogie Shoes multiball. Jive Talkin' drop targets.

#39 8 years ago

You guys got it all wrong. Didn't you notice Simon and Garfunkel?

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

While Zep may have been a good band in thier day, the sun has set on them and there arent enough people who would buy a Led Zepplin pin to even make it worth Sterns time

Not true at all...Zepplin is currently the 2nd most wanted pin in a recent Pinside poll...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-sterns-next-music-pin

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Not true at all...Zepplin is currently the 2nd most wanted pin in a recent Pinside poll...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-sterns-next-music-pin

Based on the thumbs down to my post, looks like Stern will sell at least 7 machines. Might be worth thier while after all!

#42 8 years ago

Had all Met songs deleted on MET , and replaced with 15 Led Lepplin , wow greatest pin ever.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

Based on the thumbs down to my post, looks like Stern will sell at least 7 machines. Might be worth thier while after all!

Quoted from Pins4me:

...and the same trolls...

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from wizard_mode:

You can say the same thing about ACDC except they probably have a smaller following.

ACDC's music crosses many generations.
    Ya, most everyone know Stair Way to Heaven, but I dont think much beyond that like ACDC does.

1 month later
    #45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Saturday Night Fever disco pin! Imagine the dance floor light show!
    Stayin' Alive ball save. Boogie Shoes multiball. Jive Talkin' drop targets.

Mini mirrored disco ball with a spotlight on it.Game blacks out except for spinning ball and light for "Get Down Tonight" mode.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Mini mirrored disco ball with a spotlight on it.Game blacks out except for spinning ball and light for "Get Down Tonight" mode.

As tongue in cheek as this sounds, this could be freakin' awesome if executed correctly! Or maybe a moving dancing figure (John Travolta's dance-off opponent) that you could bash under the disco lights!

#47 7 years ago

Didn't mean to post...but I guess while I'm here I'll second a Johnny Cash / Folsom Prison edition.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

ACDC's music crosses many generations.
    Ya, most everyone know Stair Way to Heaven, but I dont think much beyond that like ACDC does.

What are you talking about? While ACDC is fine (I guess), its music was just made-for-radio 3 minute, 30 second standard rock fare. Zeppelin was way more inspired, with a blend of both simple and complex music. Its music varies wildly from the heavily blues inspired early albums with screeching vocals on tunes such as Communication Breakdown and Since I've Been Lovin' You, to funky ethereal jams on Physical Graffiti, to its later Moroccan inspired stuff like Achilles Last Stand. Zeppelin is one of the best bands of all time. According to Rolling Stone magazine (which lists Led Zeppelin as the 14th best band of all time), "Heavy metal would not exist without Led Zeppelin, and if it did, it would suck. Led Zeppelin were more than just a band — they were the perfect combination of the most intense elements: passion and mystery and expertise." Where does Rolling Stone have ACDC in its list of top 100 artists of all time? 72nd. Not bad, but not Zeppelin.

#49 7 years ago

No way, It's Hello Kitty vs. My Little Pony deathmatch!

#50 7 years ago

It's going to be Iron Maiden folks! However Dirty Donny is working on something for Stern Now. Hmmmnnnn

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hint-from-stern-that-zepplin-is-coming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.