Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by judremy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

this is funny, go to about the 45 second mark to see how much this kid thinks it will cost.

I'm so glad the internet exists so I can get these types of reviews.

#2 9 years ago

Oh, the innocence of youth!

#3 9 years ago

$500!? I'll take 10 please!

#4 9 years ago

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing. Almost as preposterous as the pricing of Odds and Evens on Pawn Stars...

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

$500!? I'll take 10 please!

If the whole pin is that range I wonder what he thinks a color DMD costs, probably like $30.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If the whole pin is that range I wonder what he thinks a color DMD costs, probably like $30.

Well the dmd is what, 25 year old tech at this point? That is actually a logical price.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Well the dmd is what, 25 year old tech at this point? That is actually a logical price.

The color DMD is actually a LCD but I get your point

#9 9 years ago

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

go to about the 45 second mark to see how much this kid thinks it will cost.

The kid actually nailed it!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The kid actually nailed it!

He was probably just basing that guess on the BOM. He completely forgot to take into account the 3000% markup ...

#12 9 years ago

The LE is $750 and IMO not worth it.

#13 9 years ago

Ironically

Quoted from rai:The color DMD is actually a LCD but I get your point

I actually missed the "color part" , but still, paying $200-300 for a plasma or even LED DMD at this point does seem silly. Color DMD is worth $400 to me, but it is in relation to the other silly priced displays. It SEEMS like a bargain.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:The LE is $750 and IMO not worth it.

$250 BOM difference between the LE and the pro still might be a bit on the high side

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

» YouTube video

HaHa....the bananas had me rolling. Original video was great fun to watch too, thanks for posting.

#15 9 years ago

This is one of those times where you wish everything you read/saw on the internet WAS true-lol

#16 9 years ago

he probably should have spent the same amount of time researching what he was talking about that he put into recording. lmao

#17 9 years ago

That was awesome.
If he only knew that $100 to $200 would just get him the legs the game stands on. lol

#18 9 years ago

Pretty in-depth review, I think this is the same kid that got the Super Mario Pinball...

#20 9 years ago

holy frig..i never knew it could be so difficult to get legs on a machine?

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

Pretty in-depth review, I think this is the same kid that got the Super Mario Pinball...
» YouTube video

I saw that before but still hillarious

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I saw that before but still hillarious

I said it before, and I'll say it again, the saddest part of that video to me is it has more views (~100K) than any pinball hobby related video I can think of.

Think about that.

#23 9 years ago

$200 - $500... Wow. I guess anybody can put a video on youtube and prattle on about nothing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hillarious-video-review-of-twd-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.