(Topic ID: 6923)

hilarious craigslist ad

By practicalsteve

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P.Boy_Stern-2.jpg
    P.Boy_Stern__.1.jpg
    P.Boy_Stern_.jpg
    P.Boy_Stern__.jpg
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #2 12 years ago

just got flagged...

#3 12 years ago

what did it say??? bitchin about prices?

#4 12 years ago

damn, I should have copied and pasted the text It was along the lines of
    "TZ great cond. 4 trade serious pinheads only - no blowjobs apply"

all one sentence and that was the whole ad.

#5 12 years ago

LMAO thats great

#6 12 years ago

Ha!

#7 12 years ago

Check this one out and he says its listed #37 on Pinside and i love the backglass too.
    sanantonio.craigslist.org link

But this one takes the prize.I wonder who gave him the appraisal.
    And Wow! I'm impressed. Having a child when you are 60+ yrs old?
    chicago.craigslist.org link

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

i love the backglass too.

I guess one of the closest natural disasters to an earthquake is a tornado...

#9 12 years ago

lasvegas.craigslist.org link

----Pinball Michine, Monte Carlo - $3000 (West Jefferson, ohio 43123)

Date: 2011-10-17, 7:36AM PDT
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Monte Carlo Pinn ball Michine. Exalant condition. One of the first 4 player digital pinball michines made. Only serious inquires apply to kevin @ [email protected]

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 2653983657
    ----

#10 12 years ago

Ha!! for 3k i bet it is in Exalant condition.

#11 12 years ago

Exalant! How ahsum.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

But this one takes the prize.I wonder who gave him the appraisal. []
    And Wow! I'm impressed. Having a child when you are 60+ yrs old?
    chicago.craigslist.org link

Listen, if you can make a four player game from a game designed as a two player, and can ask $5k for it, you have the cajones to have a baby at 60.

#13 12 years ago

I guess I don't get the humor. I'm not sure it even makes sense.

Quoted from practicalsteve:

"TZ great cond. 4 trade serious pinheads only - no blowjobs apply"

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from dnhayden:

I guess one of the closest natural disasters to an earthquake is a tornado...

I'm sure that a backglass for Twister or Earthshaker would probably be around the same price LOL.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Check this one out and he says its listed #37 on Pinside and i love the backglass too.
    sanantonio.craigslist.org link

The lights work, anything else?

#16 12 years ago

Earthshaker is #37 but that does not make it a 3K pin

#17 12 years ago

DM anyone for your mancave Yeah!! easttexas.craigslist.org link
    and EK for 2k what a steal..
    Wake Up Silverman your missing all the good deals!

#18 12 years ago

The ads never get old!

#19 12 years ago

Whos got a good TZ they can trade for this guys offer? Who in their right mind would do this??????

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#21 12 years ago

^^
    That creeper really wants people to come over to his house and have a beer with him.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

LOL had to share this one.

I saw that one too! that one is too funny! I understand where he is coming from, but who wants to waste gas driving somewhere only to find out that the sellers idea of a good looking playfield is way different than mine. EVERYONE has a digital camera of some kind nowadays and it takes like 5 min to put some pics on craigslist.

#23 12 years ago

but who wants to waste gas driving somewhere only to find out that the sellers idea of a good looking playfield is way different than mine. EVERYONE has a digital camera of some kind nowadays and it takes like 5 min to put some pics on craigslist.

I'm right with you on this one practicalsteve. Takes minimal time/effort to take a picture where as driving down to see each pin that catches our eye could get real costly in gas and end up being a big waste of time.

#24 12 years ago

I've wanted a Checkpoint for a while now.... maybe I can call my brother who lives in Sac-town to pick it up for me.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I've wanted a Checkpoint for a while now.... maybe I can call my brother who lives in Sac-town to pick it up for me.

Thats a long drive from sacto to see it, dont even THINK about asking for pics!!!!! he may get a free beer out of it though.

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I've wanted a Checkpoint for a while now.... maybe I can call my brother who lives in Sac-town to pick it up for me. []

Hey Kwiki, I tried to bring this one to your attention on a post a while back you must of missed it. If you really want it may be worth having your bro take a look for ya.

#27 12 years ago

Beer or Not ,, I'd be pack-n if i wanted something from that seller..

#28 12 years ago

Sounds like the seller is one of those Funny Bunnys.

#29 12 years ago

Whos got a good TZ they can trade for this guys offer? Who in their right mind would do this??????

Who knew business cards were so valuable.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Another "rare" pin......

at least he is realistic at that price. If he was closer to the bay area I would have to check that out.

#32 12 years ago

at least he is realistic at that price.

Sounds like a great deal, hopefully someone has it by now.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperMagician:

The lights work, anything else?

I think that means that the game's totally dead but the GI still comes on!

#34 12 years ago

Gotta love this one. Describes the sale as being for Star Wars Episode one but really selling Star Wars Data East per the pictures.

#35 12 years ago

^^
    Who cares which one it is? That is an excellent price if it is actually working.. more than likely a scam for emails or something.

#36 12 years ago

I just love the pics in this one

boston.craigslist.org link

#37 12 years ago

he needed to spend more of his good money to learn how to post bigger pics. lol

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Who cares which one it is? That is an excellent price if it is actually working.. more than likely a scam for emails or something.

I think most would care when the seller is describing the wrong pin and totally misrepresenting what people will actually be getting.

#39 12 years ago

I did not know you could even take digital pics that small! Is that like 5 pixels?

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I just love the pics in this one

LOL, nice one rascal. Need a magnifying glass to make out anything in those pics.

#41 12 years ago

Someone put a mustache on Arnold's face.

sandiego.craigslist.org link

#42 12 years ago

Here's an Ad in my Area.. I guess his New Wife is religious or fell's inferior..

charlotte.craigslist.org link

#43 12 years ago

You getting it BR? Seems like a good price

#44 12 years ago

You getting it BR? Seems like a good price

Nooo !! I bought 1 for $ 850.00 Last Year and I was the 3rd Owner ( non-Routed ) It's a Cool Pin, but VERY Shallow in Game Play.. I beat it with-n 50 Play's..

P.Boy_Stern__.jpgP.Boy_Stern__.jpg P.Boy_Stern_.jpgP.Boy_Stern_.jpg P.Boy_Stern__.1.jpgP.Boy_Stern__.1.jpg P.Boy_Stern-2.jpgP.Boy_Stern-2.jpg

#45 12 years ago

My favorite was in FL, I think Fort Myers, a guys was selling "Pinball Guns",
    they looked strangely like paintball guns though.

1 week later
    #46 12 years ago

Here is a good one, in my area there is a guy that constantly puts machines he shops and restores on craigslist. This does not bother me in the least because as far as I can tell he does not have an actual "store" so why not put them on there. He does price them a bit high in my opinion- but hey, if people are willing to pay, more power to him. However someone else constantly flags his ads and gets them taken down. This appears to be a witty reply from the seller.

#47 12 years ago

I am going to paste the text from the ad here since I am sure that ad will get flagged as well:

Tis the season of the happiest time of the year. Except for one unloved creature, The Pinball Grinch.
    As the story goes, The Pinball Grinch had a terrible childhood.
    He was picked on, teased, made to feel ugly, unloved and unwanted.
    He tried so hard to fit in but just could not
    All he wanted was to play some pinball but the others pushed him away.
    So as legend has it, each holiday season The Pinball Grinch (with the help of his homely little puppy) scans Craigslist over and over trying to take away peoples Christmas cheer.
    He does not want any man, woman or child to own a pinball machine.
    He does this by flagging, flagging and flagging some more and when he is tired flagging, he flags even more.
    Perhaps it is because he was born with a heart 3 times too small.
    His quest is to remove all pinball machines from the internet so he does not have to relive those painful childhood memories.
    Maybe some day he will find some happiness in his life and will control his hatred for pinball and allow others to roam Craigslist freely hoping to fulfill their pinball dreams.
    Once can only hope.
    Happy Holidays!

#48 12 years ago

Not hard to figure out who that is based on location. Pretty funny man.

Some people get pretty pissed at him and a few others that buy a lot of the good deals in the area then driving the price up on em. His prices are high but I am with you if people keep buying why would someone go lower?

#49 12 years ago

The new wife needs new divorce papers.

#50 12 years ago

That was a good idea but horrible execution. I needed to at least rhyme. That would have made it all the more clever and 100 times more awesomer!

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hilarious-craigslist-ad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.