Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you feel when your F/S thread gets hijacked”

• Let them hijack away, it keeps my machine on the front page 25 votes
      45%
    • Shut up if you don't have a legitimate question about the machine I have for sale 18 votes
      32%
    • GLWS/Wish I was closer/Great game is Welcome, price police/game sucks people stay out 13 votes
      23%

(56 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nuclear_bomb.jpg
    vomit.gif
    rocky-boobs-bouncing-animated.gif
    #1 11 years ago

As a seller, or even a buyer, when you see a F/S thread spinning out of control do you feel sorry for the OP?
    On 1 hand his thread is staying on top & more people know it's for sale, but on the other hand the thread can spiral quickly. It can be from how great the price/game is to how it sucks & is overpriced & they would rather buy game X instead...and don't forget the price police..

But then you see people who post a game & nothing but crickets...totally ignored..do they wish someone would hijack their post?

I think if I feel I have my game priced close to fairly, let them hijack away, someone will read the 1st line & know it's for sale, it's better than being on pg 10 with the crickets..

#2 11 years ago

We are all guilty at one point or another of jacking a thread of some type. As long as its not malicious and you aim the thread back in the right direction, the seller gets a free bump

#3 11 years ago

Yeah!..soooo, Alex, when are ya gonna have pix of the Scared Stiff legs...

#4 11 years ago

Hi-Jacking any thread happens. Sometimes positive type things keep them fun and readable. The other crap can go.

#5 11 years ago

I don't like either one, but if price pumping is ok, then price policing should be ok as well.

#6 11 years ago

Too much misinformation as well... Some don't know the difference between a HEP MM and a routed MM and think something is priced to high when in reality its perfectly in line. Of course some guys here live to ruin a good for sale post.

#7 11 years ago

Welcome to the Forum.

#8 11 years ago

Pinside has a MARKET where you can post a FS/FT ad and nobody can comment.

Pinside has a market subforum where you should expect comments. If you are priced too high it seems you will know by the reaction. If you are priced too low then it will sell quickly.

If you do not want comments then stick to the MARKET.

#9 11 years ago

Seller can just post a fs ad. If they start a thread, they kinda reneg on most others rights to respond. Of course this ideal doesn't apply to the belligerent asshats who post obviously inappropriate statements.

" oh yeah, I'm selling mine but cheaper."
    " I never liked that title. Here's ten paragraphs on why."
    " I have no intention of buying. Here's why:"

Well, we all get it I guess.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#10 11 years ago

Hard to believe football camp opens in four months.

LTG : )

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Seller can just post a fs ad. If they start a thread, they kinda reneg on most others rights to respond. Of course this ideal doesn't apply to the belligerent asshats who post obviously inappropriate statements.
    Well, we all get it I guess.
    Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

alternatively...

"i'd never sell mine for that"...
    "that's a great price"...

and so on...

commentary in f/s threads is something i've come to appreciate... it makes it abundantly clear the people who are gaming the market...

#12 11 years ago

double cheese or not on my pizza? not an easy choice...

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

commentary in f/s threads is something i've come to appreciate... it makes it abundantly clear the people who are gaming the market...

and those trying to destroy it as well...

#14 11 years ago

If a conversation gets started about the Same title ,, Let it Ride !! Free Bump's bro ....

Just Break-n every Now & Then ,, Cough a Lil- and Let the Browsers Know it's Still 4-Sale or Not ..

Threads are Getting Buried around Here in No tyme now days.

#15 11 years ago

it's pretty obvious to me the people who are on here because they are fans of pinball and are here to have fun. and it's also obvious the people on here who are trying to make money on those people.

#16 11 years ago

Not sure if this has been said yet but in my view if you post your game for sale in a thread and not just in the market it is 100% total open season. People can say what they want, when they want, and how they want.

If you don't want commentary on your game or to have it go "off topic" then don't post a thread about it, just put it in the market and leave it there. If you want the extra attention of a thread, get ready for the comments.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

If a conversation gets started about the Same title ,, Let it Ride !! Free Bump's bro ....
    Just Break-n every Now & Then ,, Cough a Lil- and Let the Browsers Know it's Still 4-Sale or Not ..
    Threads are Getting Buried around Here in No tyme now days.

Cool new avatar B_R.

#18 11 years ago

I don't consider price policing "Hijacking" a thread personally. The thread is aboot a machine, and it's price.
    I'm selling a game and then someone busing in and selling that same game is a Jack.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Quoted from ccotenj:

"i'd never sell mine for that"...
    "that's a great price"...

and so on...

Both types don't help, but the first has negative connotations (Price Police), while the other (Price Cheer-leading) is more of an annoying thing, as if it was truly a great deal it would sell quickly. A 5k MM doesn't need people telling others how great of a deal it is, or it would be gone in 2 minutes.

The best comments are when people talk about the seller versus the game as most people know the game and the price it should sell for. If I see a pin I want to pull the trigger on, these are the questions I have.

Is the seller honest? Does he represent his pins correctly? How is communication with him? What are other people's experience with the seller? These are comments that I think are relevant in F/S and trade posts.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm selling a game and then someone busing in and selling that same game is a Jack.

I agree with this; I hate to see this. This is the only thing that I think is really a "no no" when someone posts a for sale thread. Everything else I think is open season and if they can't take the critisism they should have just posted up in the market and not start a thread.

#21 11 years ago

@jimjim...

the problem with that is that satan himself could post an ad and someone would chime in, "great guy, great seller"...

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not sure if this has been said yet but in my view if you post your game for sale in a thread and not just in the market it is 100% total open season. People can say what they want, when they want, and how they want.
    If you don't want commentary on your game or to have it go "off topic" then don't post a thread about it, just put it in the market and leave it there. If you want the extra attention of a thread, get ready for the comments.

The PP will grab it and start their own thread about what a rip-off it is. They do it to CL posters all the time. Best to just let people say what they want and have a thick skin. It will sell if someone is willing to pay, or it will just sit.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Pinside has a market subforum where you should expect comments. If you are priced too high it seems you will know by the reaction. If you are priced too low then it will sell quickly.

Perfect answer above.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Ah, there it was. I knew someone else would have commented on that and I should have read the whole thread. Big plus one here.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

agreed

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Motorcycle road racing is going on now

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That's a perfect example of something that would go on in a F/S thread...I understand if you don't want comments to just put it in the marketplace, but when you are open to comments about what you are selling & get football camp opens in 4 months are you annoyed or happy?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #29 11 years ago

vomit.gifvomit.gif

#30 11 years ago

Lol i would hope all it gets is thumbs down and pukes

#31 11 years ago

OMG! It looks like someone welded a couple of balls on a guys chest!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Cool new Avatar B_R.

I saw the image in my Dream the other nite .. I just Hope i Don't Ever see it in Person .. Ya dig ?

Nuclear_bomb.jpgNuclear_bomb.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hijacked-fs-threads and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.