• Latest reply 4 years ago by KingHebes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2669.JPG
#1 4 years ago

I don't know if maybe mine is just flawed somehow, but every so often when I open the backbox the cover that goes over the siren motor falls off. It's pretty heavy and I feel like it can do some serious damage if it hits the wrong component. It surprises me everytime it happens. It seems to me like it just slides over the motor and sticks there, but there isn't any sort of latch or connection to hold it in place. Today I had the back glass sitting on the pinball machine while I looked at a chip type in there and this thing landed on the back glass. If the back glass wasn't there it would have landed on the pinball machine glass. There was no damage done, but I think it's just a matter of time if this thing keeps falling off. Any tips here on this? Has anyone else experienced this on any other siren game?

#2 4 years ago

Mine kept falling off too so I left it off. It seems like it should latch onto the motor but I can't get it to do so.

#3 4 years ago

What siren motor cover (the game doesn’t have a siren)?

Are you talking about the beacon light cover on top of the backbox?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

OP, Post Photos??

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yeah, has to be the light motor.

If it fell off I'd just leave it off. Worst case you'll get some dust in there over a LONG period of time. I've had my Getaway for over 20 years and my cover fell off some time ago. If it hasn't been played in a long time I get a little motor hesitation for a few seconds (lights up but won't move) then it starts running and you are good to go.

As for objects falling on glass, I'd be more worried about the cover hitting the glass for the translite. Impact on the edge could cause a glass shatter and you now have a damaged translite. I've had plenty of things fall on top of playfield glass and nothing happened. I've knocked playfield glass over on cement and nothing happened. Other times you look at glass the wrong way and it shatters. You never know....

#6 4 years ago

We are talking about the cover for the motor that drives the beacon. It's in the backbox, directly under the beacon. There's a circular metal cover that sits on top of the rotor.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

We are talking about the cover for the motor that drives the beacon. It's in the backbox, directly under the beacon. There's a circular metal cover that sits on top of the rotor.

Ah, this thing (mine won't budge). Is it just a friction fit? I can't really see a reason to ever want to take it off, so I would just use a couple of dabs of superglue or maybe wrap the inner lip/ring if there is enough room with electrical tape or something to make it a tighter fit (or even overlap the seam on the outside with tape) to prevent it from falling. I guess it could potentially cause an issue if it fell by either scratching a board or arcing leads or something.
IMG_2669.JPGIMG_2669.JPG

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Ah, this thing (mine won't budge). Is it just a friction fit? I can't really see a reason to ever want to take it off, so I would just use a couple of dabs of superglue or maybe wrap the inner lip/ring if there is enough room with electrical tape or something to make it a tighter fit (or even overlap the seam on the outside with tape) to prevent it from falling. I guess it could potentially cause an issue if it fell by either scratching a board or arcing leads or something.
[quoted image]

Good idea with the tape. Yes that's the thing. I just left it off. Maybe ill try and rig it back up somehow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/highspeed-ii-the-getaway-siren-motor-cover-falls-off?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.