Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Does anyone know what is the highest priced pinball game ever sold or listed. I know about Back to the Future listed at 50k.

And now this ... ebay.com link: The Big Lebowski Pinball Machine

Big Lebowski listed at 100k but hey the good news shipping is only $19.95.

But what is the highest price ANYONE has ever paid for a pinball game? Does anyone know?

Lets make a list of the most valuable pinball games and what they sold for!

#2 4 years ago

Some of the ones that come to mind...

Stern trying to get 25k for Beatles... did anyone actually pay that?

Didn't some magic girls sell for 25k or something?

I've seen someone offering a Big Bang Bar in a box for over 20k ... what sold for the most.

What did the JP sell for in the box.

#5 4 years ago

Last Capcom Kingpin sold for $64K

LTG : )

#6 4 years ago

There was a machine that an artist rethemed that was worth a couple hundred grand from what I recall. Somebody probably has the details.

#7 4 years ago

We beat this topic up a few months ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-top-10-most-expensive-pinball-machines-in-the-world

The artist pin the previous poster references is in that thread. Google Punball: https://worthly.com/most-expensive/pinball-machine-punball/

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

We beat this topic up a few months ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-top-10-most-expensive-pinball-machines-in-the-world
    The artist pin the previous poster references is in that thread.

Thanks for the reminder. Pin is called Punball: Only One on Earth. Sold for 125K back in the day.

#9 4 years ago

I remember this Michael Jackson one popping up every now and then for outrageous $$$$:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michael-jackson-pinball-machine-resurfaces-on-ebay

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Thanks for the reminder. Pin is called Punball: Only One on Earth. Sold for 125K back in the day.

Yeah it was a charity auction, it’s not actually worth that nor is it actually “the most valuable pin” the money goes to a cause so people spend shittons on useless things.

#11 4 years ago

Heard some sucker bought an overpriced Back To Future for 100k.

Heard of some insane prices on Kong & Magic Girl.

Joust also has gotten some cash.
    Heard there was a prototype of Williams last game to.

Not sure what that "Going Nuts' went for.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yeah it was a charity auction, it’s not actually worth that nor is it actually “the most valuable pin” the money goes to a cause so people spend shittons on useless things.

I hear you. Was just answering the OP's question for sold pins.

#13 4 years ago

I want to say Data East made a game for Mrs. Aaron Spelling based on LW3. This was a story from Joe Kaminkow, they told her $175,000 and she broke out the checkbook and paid for it without a second thought.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Heard some sucker bought an overpriced Back To Future for 100k.
    Heard of some insane prices on Kong & Magic Girl.
    Joust also has gotten some cash.
    Heard there was a prototype of Williams last game to.
    Not sure what that "Going Nuts' went for.

Funny I was just looking into them. For those, they seem to be fetching a wild variety due to both rarity and novelty. They’re the only machines to play like that

#15 4 years ago

What do you think the most expensive pinballs are today if you broke them down 1 thru 10...

Big Bang Bar
    JJP Pirates
    JJP Yellow Brick
    Big Lebowski
    Cactus Canyon
    Alien

???

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

What do you think the most expensive pinballs are today if you broke them down 1 thru 10...
    Big Bang Bar
    JJP Pirates
    JJP Yellow Brick
    Big Lebowski
    Cactus Canyon
    Alien
    ???

There are several prototype runs of games that blow all of those out of the water.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There are several prototype runs of games that blow all of those out of the water.

Like?

Cactus Canyon - Not worth it unless CCC

Never got a chance to play Big Bang Bar so no comment on that

#20 4 years ago

Stuff like Data East King Kong

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Like?
    Cactus Canyon - Not worth it unless CCC
    Never got a chance to play Big Bang Bar so no comment on that

Original BBB
    King Pin
    King Kong
    Lochness Monster
    Krull
    Varkon
    Spirit
    Joust
    Total Recall

Just a few

#22 4 years ago

This honor could belong to

William Wiley's Punball:Only One Earth

sold at $125,000.

https://worthly.com/most-expensive/pinball-machine-punball/

#23 4 years ago

Lettuce knot forget the B66-SLE,invitation only Pin

#24 4 years ago

Total Recall was unfortunately dismantled and thrown away over 20 years ago.

An original Pinball Circus would probably fetch a hefty sum if the one in private hands was ever sold.

Atari Road Runner

Wrecking Ball came up for sale within the last couple years, and when I inquired about it, the asking price was fairly substantial. It didn't take too long to sell.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This honor could belong to
    William Wiley's Punball:Only One Earth
    sold at $125,000.
    https://worthly.com/most-expensive/pinball-machine-punball/

We already said this didn’t count, that’s like trying to insurance your house based on charity auctions, they’ll laugh you out for sure.

Quoted from robertmee:

Spirit
    Total Recall
    Just a few

If Total Recall is still out there I WANNA KNOW. They claim only one made and as ForceFlow said, dismantled and trashed.

Spirit doesn’t command that much, it’s not THAT rare. Just popular and uncommon.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Atari Road Runner
    Wrecking Ball came up for sale within the last couple years, and when I inquired about it, the asking price was fairly substantial. It didn't take too long to sell.

I’m not familiar with Road Runner and never heard of Wrecking Ball

#26 4 years ago

... never heard of Wrecking Ball

OG Bonzai

#27 4 years ago

We already said this didn’t count, that’s like trying to insurance your house based on charity auctions, they’ll laugh you out for sure.

Who's we, lone ranger?

We've got a bunch of people that paid a lot for machines they never even received and they aint laughing.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Who's we, lone ranger?
    We've got a bunch of people that paid a lot for machines they never even received and they aint laughing.

No need to take it personally there, Tonto.
    This is exclusively referring too Punball being sold for charity and the fact that it was made to auction for charity for an inflated cost. In art many pieces that aren’t considered highly valuable are put in charity auctions merely because the money isn’t going towards a profit but towards a charitable cause (write-off)

People who paid for machines they never got didn’t spend the money trying to help dying kids, they spent it specifically to get a product and in return they got ripped off. Those aren’t even fundamentally comparable.

#29 4 years ago

I'm guessing you may not know who William Wiley is in the world of art. Without that, charity or not, it's not a $125k game. It may be valued even more than that now. So yes it does count. Somebody bought it and it is a pinball machine. I honestly don't know how much his other highest priced artwork sold for, but he has done a lot.

Let's see how much some of those other pinball machines sold for charity went for. Not really worth arguing about though.

#30 4 years ago

If Total Recall is still out there I WANNA KNOW. They claim only one made and as ForceFlow said, dismantled and trashed.
    Spirit doesn’t command that much, it’s not THAT rare. Just popular and uncommon.

I’m not familiar with Road Runner and never heard of Wrecking Ball

4×4 also

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing you may not know who William Wiley is in the world of art. Without that, charity or not, it's not a $125k game. It may be valued even more than that now. So yes it does count. Somebody bought it and it is a pinball machine. I honestly don't know how much his other highest priced artwork sold for, but he has done a lot.
    Let's see how much some of those other pinball machines sold for charity went for. Not really worth arguing about though.

Someone should call and ask: http://www.artnet.com/artists/william-t-wiley/punball-only-one-earth-a-NDb81GlmFftWSP8I1zTxbw2

But in general, most of his original works are anywhere in the low thousands to upwards of a hundred thousand (as well as the we won't appraise it unless you're making a serious offer about buying it)

At the end of the day, it's a retheme of North Star. I can see the argument going either way if it should count. I think the spirit is in reference to especially rare games/prototypes that were intended to be mass manufactured and things like Supreme, but stuff like Wrecking Ball, Kabuki, and Punball count because of how the subject question is worded.

#32 4 years ago

This is like beating a dead horse now, but the ops original question was-

Quoted from drfrightner:

Does anyone know what is the highest priced pinball game ever sold or listed.

#33 4 years ago

WTB: North Star and some finger paint.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/highest-priced-pinball-ever-sold-or-listed- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.