(Topic ID: 188902)

Highest number of one pinball owned at one time?

By igo4rams

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are you a hoarder if you have more than three of one pinball?”

• Yes 72 votes
      57%
    • No 34 votes
      27%
    • Maybe 21 votes
      17%

(127 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gedronken (resized).JPG
    NEW PIC'S 224 (resized).jpg
    NEW PIC'S 287 (resized).jpg
    NEW PIC'S 294 (resized).jpg
    NEW PIC'S 235 (resized).jpg
    NEW PIC'S 284 (resized).jpg
    NCG front door open 032 (resized).jpg
    MBT full view  013 (resized).jpg
    MBT 005 (resized).jpg
    NEW PIC'S 222 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0096 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5396 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3330 (resized).JPG
    100_9010 (resized).JPG
    DSCN1832 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9490 (resized).JPG
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I once owned all three versions of EBD. I am sure someone out there can top that number. I see a guy in Florida with three Six Million Dollar man games. Tell us what game you had and how many.

#2 6 years ago

I have some friends with like six of each title (and to answer your question: yes, unless you are in the process of making three into one or two nice ones)

#3 6 years ago

Five Whirlwinds. I still have 4 of them.

It's funny this topic comes up right after updating my post about this warehouse raid.

6f726bab5164d949b3178b48084aae2bb09f3e03 (resized).jpeg6f726bab5164d949b3178b48084aae2bb09f3e03 (resized).jpeg

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

Five Whirlwinds. I still have 4 of them.
    It's funny this topic comes up right after updating my post about this warehouse raid.

The windiest house in Nevada You don't even need air-conditioning, just power all those babies up and you're good to go

#5 6 years ago

No topper? Every Whirlwind I've seen online has a topper with a fan.

#6 6 years ago

I wonder if he took it off temporarily due to the garage door being low.
    I see a topper on one of the other WW machines that has the head folded down.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from FunriseGuy:

Not if an operator had it on a pinball cart and tried rolling it through a doorway. That eats a lot of toppers.

LTG : )

#8 6 years ago

one

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from FunriseGuy:

It was removed by the op and missing when I got it. The other four have their toppers and fans, luckily. It's weird how goofy Whirlwind machines look without them.

#10 6 years ago

Thanks for the pics

#11 6 years ago

The record stands at 5 for now!

#12 6 years ago

This is the photo that started it all. Brought these 4 back from Allentown and Albany NY. Have one more inside that I have the cabinet done on. There will be 3 good ones by the time I am done. I already have 2 people interested in the other 2 rebuilt ones.

IMG_9489 (resized).JPGIMG_9489 (resized).JPG

IMG_9022 (resized).JPGIMG_9022 (resized).JPG

#13 6 years ago

I've owned 5 Bally Wizards over the years. Currently own 2 with Wade Krause playfields.

#14 6 years ago

I own 5 copies of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Ver. 1.0, 1.0 (gold cartridge), 1.1, 1.2, and the 1.2 Gamecube edition. Each revision has pretty significant differences, and it's fun to own every one for the sake of my video game collection.

As for pinball machines, I can see someone wanting a prototype along with a production version of a game, or perhaps multiple copies of a game if manufacturing specs changed between them, but otherwise for the average enthusiast, I don't really get people owning multiples of the same game. You just know there's some collector out there with a warehouse/garage full of of Twilight Zones or Addams Families doing absolutely nothing with them, but refuses to sell because of "reasons."

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I don't really get people owning multiples of the same game.

I wouldn't mind having two Spanish Eyes per location I have games at...

#16 6 years ago

Thanks Rixzilla for the post and pics.

#17 6 years ago

The good news was that I did see another Six Million Dollar man at Allentown and I DIDN'T buy it. That means I am not a hoarder right? Oh, thought you might like this photo of another corner of my shop. Last time there were that many Millionaires together trump was appointing his cabinet.

IMG_9490 (resized).JPGIMG_9490 (resized).JPG

#18 6 years ago

I had 3 Elvira and the party monsters at once, side by each in the kitchen. Lasted about 2 months. It was fun. Wife wont let me get away with that again.

#19 6 years ago

I am bad at selling games so I had a TZ, WOZ and LOTR and since they were my three favorite games I decided to get really nice versions of each so I bought a completely redone TZ, a NIB WOZRR and a LOTR LE and kept my other three. I kept the original TZ because it is just that, all original, while my newer one has LEDs, color DMD and a bunch of toys and mods.

#20 6 years ago

I have a pretty nice WWFRR and it's my favorite game. I've contacted multiple people about buying theirs just to see if it's nicer than mine, but they are never better enough for me to justify the purchase. Someday I'm hoping to find one that's close to CQ.

Side note: Does anyone know if you can add a game to your wishlist that's already in your collection? That way it will show up in my alerts.

#21 6 years ago

Thank you everyone that has voted.

#22 6 years ago

I had 4 Mystery Castles back around '99-2000 when you couldn't give away anything that said "AlvinG" on it...should've kept one!

#23 6 years ago

Happy mothers day, any new voters out there?

#24 6 years ago

5 TZ and 4 Getaway which arrived as part of a shipment in the same container.

All bar one of each were already earmarked for resale to clients though.

Vacant space is at a premium without having double ups, so I find it more practical to just keep one collector quality example than 3 or 4 player's condition machines.

Currently have 2 MM as a double up but that is cheating since one is a converted NBAFB which I did myself a few years back and the other is an original Aussie delivered machine so I can't part with either on sentimental grounds.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I kept the original TZ because it is just that, all original, while my newer one has LEDs, color DMD and a bunch of toys and mods.

This would be a reasonable answer to having more than 1 example of a pin in a home collection. As well if there is space. Another alternative would be two games set up together, 1 set on 3 balls, the other on 5 balls.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

This would be a reasonable answer to having more than 1 example of a pin in a home collection. As well if there is space. Another alternative would be two games set up together, 1 set on 3 balls, the other on 5 balls.

One for non-pinball players with small outlanes, loose tilt, and one for you

#27 6 years ago

I had 5 Bally KISS at one time in the 90s.

#28 6 years ago

record still stands at 5?

#29 6 years ago

Can't over take it, but can match the record with 5 Dimensions.
    Still have 4 with one being a "very project". Had 5 Fun Parks also..

#30 6 years ago

I had 3 Mata Hari's at one time. Bought all three in a package deal. Hand cut stencils (they were not available in 2002) with the intent to make one really nice machine. Turned out so well that I reused the stencils to make a 2nd really nice machine and a 3rd above average machine. Promptly sold the 2nd and 3rd. 1rst one won best of show at the 2004 TPF.

#31 6 years ago

Two FunHouses. The one on the right was my original one. The one on the left had about 800 total plays on it since new. No fade, Batteries changed every year. According to the person I bought it from, it was in someones summer cabin and only played when they were on vacation.
    Even found the original purchase receipt in the machine.

DSCN1832 (resized).JPGDSCN1832 (resized).JPG

#32 6 years ago

Two Catacombs! Doubly chilling games of skill! Gah!

100_9010 (resized).JPG100_9010 (resized).JPG

#33 6 years ago

here is one of my multiples:

IMG_3330 (resized).JPGIMG_3330 (resized).JPG

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

I actually put the all original TZ in my sister's basement. My standard WOZ is going to be headed to my parents' basement and the standard LOTR is back at my buddy's barcade, where it was when I first bought it.

#35 6 years ago

When this box was full and if you include the ones that were in various machines at the time, it could number well into the hundreds.

DSCN5396 (resized).JPGDSCN5396 (resized).JPG

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

here is one of my multiples:

Oh that's awesome...Fast Draw is such a great game.

#37 6 years ago

These are at the same time

2 Banzai Run (1 gone)
    2 Fast Draw (1 gone)
    2 Whitewater (still have both)
    2 Cirqus Voltaire (still have both)
    2 Scared Stiff (still have both)

#38 6 years ago

had three funhouses at once, still have two

#39 6 years ago

Looks like there may be some hoarders out there?

1 month later
    #40 6 years ago

any more votes?

#41 6 years ago

3 Eight Ball
    3 F-14's
    2 Fathoms
    2 Xenons

#42 6 years ago

Currently:
    9 Royal Guard
    7 Palace Guard
    5 Captain Fantastic
    4 High Speed
    4 Star Slugger pitch and bats

#43 6 years ago

I once had 3 Hercules at one time. Not proud of that, but the most expensive one was only 350 bucks. Bought at the first Gene Cunningham auction. The other 2 were around 200 bucks each. All were sold for over a grand each, so worth the effort. I have a photo somewhere with 2 of them side by side.
    Right now I have 3 Golden Gate bingos in my basement. One will be leaving soon for the acrylic bingo build in Texas.

#44 6 years ago

At one stage, I had all the following, all at the same time ...

4 tales from the crypt
    4 Jurassic parks
    4 fish tales
    4 Last action heros

Never had 5 though ....

rd

#45 6 years ago

3 Elvira and the Party Monsters.
    It was a blast setting them up in attrack mode and play a game on each. Then programming would randomly sing and Elivra does calls outs.
    Once in a lifetime, wont see that again.
    All 3 went to Australia, great chap. All 3 split up now.

#46 6 years ago

2 of each. Happened a few times: 2x Fathom, Haunted House, whirlwind.

And when friends were selling their collection I stored some of their machines at my gameroom, then I had a nice setup of 2x MM, CV and AFM.

#47 6 years ago

3 Black Hole's
    3 Paragon's
    2 AFM's
    2 T2's
    2 Big Game's
    2 Countdown's
    2 Capt Fantastic's
    2 Old Chicago's

Don't think of myself as a hoarder,(although a few of my friends would disagree), just an avid collector who over the course of nearly 30 years of buying and selling pins has ended up with multiple copies of the same title.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballphil:

4 Star Slugger pitch and bats

Quoted from DennisDodel:

I once had 3 Hercules at one time.

Not sure what order, but these gets my vote 1 & 2..

2 weeks later
    #50 6 years ago

Ton's of duplicate games at one time. I know I had four EK's about three years ago. Here's the latest one to enter the race, or as I like to refer to them as "The good, the bad, and the ugly."

John

IMG_0096 (resized).JPGIMG_0096 (resized).JPG

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/highest-number-of-one-pinball-owned-at-one-time/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.