15v+ out on switch matrix lamps. What did I break?
I've got a Data East #JP and one of my CPU controlled lamps wires (yellow/green) is getting higher voltage than normal. I've checked other lamps and I'm seeing 2-3v but yellow/green wire is seeing 15-17 volts. All the CPU lamps are LED.
3 of the 5 lamps on yellow/green are totally out. One working was way brighter than normal and the last lamp does light up in attract mode but its sequence is off with the rest of the pattern. I tried putting a different LED in the bright socket and same result. I'm assuming voltage is the main problem but I've seen see this issue before.
- 15v+ on CPU control lamps (yellow/green)
- 3 of the LEDs are actually dead - guessing too much voltage blew them
- 1 LED is super bright (guessing voltage)
- Both working LEDs aren't showing the right attract pattern. Seems like a lot of flickering and interference and delay.
- Lastly - when I turn the game off one of the LED's on green/yellow lights up fully then fades out after 1 second. I'm assuming this is draining power from the capacitor.
I haven't taken in the CPU board out of the game to check for blown components. But still guessing the switch matrix is dead? I fear this fix is going to be beyond my skill repair unfortunately. Any one have any thoughts or advice? Would greatly appreciate any direction you could provide.