“Better game for mindless fun”

• RFM 22 votes
    48%
  • RS 24 votes
    52%

(46 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

Looking @ RS and RFM.

Have TS and someday WOZ. With those being somewhat challenging (I assume on one, of course) I am looking for a game to just beat away at and enjoy not thinking too much.

Vote between the 2 and feel free to add your own answers here, too.

Peace.

#2 11 years ago

RS you mangy Gorilla!! Call me back when you are free

#3 11 years ago

RFM, fun, easy, great technology, RFM is like a magnet when you have visitors.

didn't play much of the RS, after 4-5 game i had enough.

#4 11 years ago

RFM for the novelty and WOW factor alone. I should have bought the partly disassembled one I passed on 2 months ago. Still kicking myself for that one.

#5 11 years ago

I'm gonna say RS...just really like that machine...both are really fun machines and pretty funny

#6 11 years ago

RS after having played both now.

#7 11 years ago

RS is not mindless. Too hard for that.

So RFM would have to be it. Easy layout, and weird funniness.

#8 11 years ago

For me its RS hands down, i cant get into pinball2000...

#9 11 years ago

RFM all day for mindless fun. RS is good too, but if you're looking for just a straight forward pin (with some decent depth/strategy if you get into it), RFM is perfect.

#10 11 years ago

RS over Pin2K any day.

#11 11 years ago

It has been 2 years since i played RFM and almost 5 on RS. I pray i didnt offend anyone by calling either game mindless. I just didnt recall the gameplay perfectly. With the titles being notched one apart in the rankings, i am not shocked at the close vote. Dang.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

It has been 2 years since i played RFM and almost 5 on RS. I pray i didnt offend anyone by calling either game mindless. I just didnt recall the gameplay perfectly. With the titles being notched one apart in the rankings, i am not shocked at the close vote. Dang.

I'll vote RS, so the tally is 8-3 and not close at all.

RS has some of the best feeling shots of any game. Launch into award hole, right loop, Bob's trading post, 180 degree left flipper feed, cross field explosion and Ted's gobble hole. These shots are solid and bring a smile to my face. There is not a single shot on RFM that lights my fire.

#13 11 years ago

The poll is split 50/50 now but I voted RS. As much as I try to when I visit my friend I can't get into either of his P2K games. I'll agree with jeff on his best feeling shots and shooting the ball into Ted's mouth during multi-ball to get the jackpot is also very satisfying as well. I think the only toy Lawlor didn't utilize on this game are magnets and the kitchen sink

#14 11 years ago

Road Show is a Pat Lawlor machine so it almost automatically gets my vote.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

RS is not mindless. Too hard for that.

Rawley is exactly right.

Don't think of RS as being an easy pin that you can just beat away at without thinking. I may have made that mistake early on, and I wasn't enjoying it until I got deeper into it. I'm sure my love for RS is becoming well known by now.

Even though RS may not quite fit your description of "mindless fun" it's still going to get my vote over RFM, as I don't care too much for that pin.

#16 11 years ago

Biased but RS for sure. Never got into the pin 2000 either.

#17 11 years ago

I freely admit, my poll was short sighted. I believe that the "answer" is RFM is better for what I was asking and RS is the better pin.

Naturally, I assumed I would really want an RFM this time around but decided to pass after playing it again...and the RS was gone before I made the decision to pass on RFM.

Sh** happens? No doubt.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Naturally, I assumed I would really want an RFM this time around but decided to pass after playing it again...and the RS was gone before I made the decision to pass on RFM.

Luckily I have a RS waiting here for you when you decide to sell/trade again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/higher-quality-mindless-fun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.