Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by NPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170327_223208 (resized).jpg
20170327_223202 (resized).jpg
20170327_223157 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Hey everyone,

Long story short, I just got done having my AFM clearcoated, and this just began...

20170327_223157 (resized).jpg

20170327_223202 (resized).jpg

20170327_223208 (resized).jpg

Yep, clearcoat failure less than one month after reassembly. Wonderful.

So, I need to get a new playfield, and I want to get a Mirco. My understanding is they are here under "HighClassPinball".

I have tried getting in touch with them here on Pinside on two separate occasions. First time was to order a PF before disassembling this PF and having it clearcoated locally. Now, 2 months later, I am trying to get ahold of them, and I have been unsuccessful.

I know I can order the PF through their shop here on Pinside, but no communication makes me a bit hesitant - so I'm reaching out to the community here. Is this just a situation where you send $900 and expect the product to show up? Do you get ANY kind of "transaction successful" emails or tracking numbers or anything at all, or are you just left wondering when your PF will show up? I get a bit uneasy when I cannot get a hold of someone who has a product I really need, especially when it's a decent chunk of change like $900.

Do I need to call them and just touch bases with them? Do they answer business emails better than Pinside PMs here?

My other options are north of $1000, and I have heard nothing but fantastic things about Mirco PFs. I clearly saw they were at TPF - with at least 4 AFM PFs much to my chagrin - so I know they may be "just getting back in" from the event, but I need some kind of "warm and fuzzies" before sending off nearly $1000.

Can anyone tell me their experiences/options/how to get in contact with them?

To be clear, I am NOT bad-mouthing them; I just want to get effective communication before ordering a PF from them.

Of course, I hope HighClassPinball shows up in this thread and tells me "Stop being silly, order from us with confidence".

Thank you.

#2 2 years ago

Was the playfield mylared? Did you do the clear or send it out? What kind of surface prep was done? I only ask because I ran into an unfortunate situation just like this with my Shadow. I have small ghosting edges on some inserts. Needless to say I wasn't happy either. I can relate. Best to email mirco. I've always gotten a response

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Was the playfield mylared? Did you do the clear or send it out? What kind of surface prep was done? I only ask because I ran into an unfortunate situation just like this with my Shadow. I have small ghosting edges on some inserts. Needless to say I wasn't happy either. I can relate. Best to email mirco. I've always gotten a response

Sent it out. Don't know any more details than that. Don't know if it didn't cure enough (gave it nearly 4 weeks - please no "I told you so" from anyone...this situation sucks enough) or if the Florida humidity with the game INSIDE MY HOUSE caused it, or what. Game was fine in Ohio, so I don't know if going from the high in the 20's outside to the high in the 80's with 80%+ humidity did this or what...

I emailed Mirco today through personal email and Facebook messenger (after I created this topic) - so hopefully - I'll get a response soon.

Needless to say, I want this fixed. Thankfully, I just got done doing this in February, so I am fresh from doing this PF install. Sucks to have to re-do, but at least I am not afraid to do it now.

#4 2 years ago

I have never had an issue with communication with Mirco. Email, website, Facebook, or Pinside. You will have no problems ordering from him.

Sorry about you PF issues. It stinks putting in all that work into a swap just to do it all again.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

I have never had an issue with communication with Mirco....or Pinside.

Man, wish I could say the same :/....

The momentum is starting though. The more I hear people say "all is good, order with confidence", the more I am willing to take the chance.

#6 2 years ago

I think they make a vacation out of the trip to TPF. I know one year they told me they were going to Disney after the show so maybe they are just on vacation.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Hey everyone,
Now, 2 months later, I am trying to get ahold of them, and I have been unsuccessful.
I know I can order the PF through their shop here on Pinside, but no communication makes me a bit hesitant - so I'm reaching out to the community here. Is this just a situation where you send $900 and expect the product to show up?

Contact Mirco at sales@highclasspinballs.com. Get a dialog going through e-mail.

I've ordered three from (FH, SS, TZ) him on two separate occasions via e-mail, paying with Paypal. They arrived incredibly quickly from Germany. I think it was like 7-8 days, including customs, etc.

#8 2 years ago

Tracking. I appreciate everyone's input so far. I'm sure things are fine. I didn't realize they make TPF a vacation. That's a "whoops" on my part.

#9 2 years ago

I guess the thing that has me confused/wondering to order is someone is clearly logging in under the HighClassPinball account here; I can see that they last logged in today, but no one is responding.

Maybe Pinside is just running in the back of that PC or something .

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I guess the thing that has me confused/wondering to order is someone is clearly logging in under the HighClassPinball account here; I can see that they last logged in today, but no one is responding.
Maybe Pinside is just running in the back of that PC or something .

Mirco is good people. Just order it and you'll be fine. Seriously.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Mirco is good people. Just order it and you'll be fine. Seriously.

Tracking. I appreciate everyone's assurnces. Sounds like all will be good. Like someone else said, they are prolly just on vacation. I'll be placing an order soon as I'll be visiting Dayton from 6 to 12 April. Hate for it to arrive here while I'm in Dayton. The humidity in the Panhandle is insane...

#12 2 years ago

Shouldn't you be contacting the person who cleared it to hopefully fix the issue? I know that clearcoat can be an issue on either person's part and I'm not necessarily saying they should take the blame but I mean they likely have the means to fix it. (for a lot less than many hundreds more dollars)

#13 2 years ago

Well, thankfully, I have found 2-3 other sources for a Mirco PF, albeit a couple hundred more dollars, but at least I know for sure where I can get one right here in the States.

Since I will be out of town 6-12 April, my plan is to wait until 10 April to see if Mirco gets back to me from one of two different emails, Facebook messenger, or Pinside PMs. If not, at that point, I'll just order through another distributor. That way I'll have the peace of mind to know one is on the way, and by the time I get home, the playfield will just be arriving.

If this was "just for fun" to swap playfields, I wouldn't be so "on the edge" waiting to hear from Mirco, but with my clearcoat quite literally failing more on a daily basis now, I want a solution before mid-April. Since those pictures were taken above, I already have further clearcoat separation.

Next time, I'll gladly order from Mirco directly as I won't be "back into a corner" watching a game I just finished putting back together going to shit in under a month. That just sucks big time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 3.70
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 239.00
5,750 (Firm)
Boards
PinSound
$ 248.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 89.99
Machine - For Sale
The Oc, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Prairie Village, KS
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 30.00
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 89.99
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bakersfield, CA
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside