(Topic ID: 195360)

Highballers...do you just think they are crazy?

By Grayman_EM

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by davjoszie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kravlje-voce.gif
    00k0k_32yLakfGlPV_600x450 (resized).jpg
    EKEMb942a1c2ccc719e2abf0ef0e28c98b9761157752 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Ok, saw this ebay add and thought it was crazy or are they selling other machines that they just are not showing pictures of?

ebay.com link: Gottliebs Pinball Machines El Dorado Square Head Quick Draw Big Brave

I've heard of lowballers which by the way some sellers say don't respond to the ad, but I think it's getting crazy on the other end.

$25,000.00 for 4 em pinball machines? Really!

#2 6 years ago

they are just playing a game, and it worked
    now their listing gets pinside coverage

#3 6 years ago

It's not just EM's but newer ones also. I have noticed the EM's more because that is what I like. Just pull up their ads unsold to sold ratio. Some have not even sold 5-10% of the listed pins and even noticed when someone says "FIRM" that firm price changes both ways. Up and down?

I watch and I wait. Time is my friend and their enemy.

1 week later
    #4 6 years ago

Going down the high price highway again let's talk about EVEL KNIEVEL and the big list prices that it is commanding. I think the highest I have seen in $6,000.00. Now I would think but nobody seems to remember when they list their EVEL KNIEVEL machines is that the EM version had only 155 made. But does not have an estimated price on it. I haven't seen one for sale here yet and would think that maybe it would command such a price but the SS version with over 10,000 would be much less given the number manufactured by the company. Any thoughts to my thinking on this?

EKEMb942a1c2ccc719e2abf0ef0e28c98b9761157752 (resized).jpgEKEMb942a1c2ccc719e2abf0ef0e28c98b9761157752 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

I think many CL posters have no idea what EM or SS is. They see the EM number and run with it.

On the other side, there are many buyers that may do a quick look up and think they've got a rarity.

Ignorance can be bliss I suppose.

#6 6 years ago

Here's another example for you. Mind you, this pin is listed as "excellent ".

newyork.craigslist.org/wch/atq/d/antique-pinball-machine/6253503898.html

This was originally listed at $550, now at $400.

I contacted the seller to offer some insight. I let them know that based on the single picture I could tell the PF was bare in spots. I asked that they reconsider listing as excellent and also offered the Pinside average selling price.

The response was basically - this machine works great. I'm correct in listing as excellent.

Ok then, carry on. Might be someone that thinks it's worth $400, not me.

00k0k_32yLakfGlPV_600x450 (resized).jpg00k0k_32yLakfGlPV_600x450 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

Remember PT Barnum's quote: There’s A Sucker Born Every Minute.

What you do not know can hurt your wallet I say. But I think PT Barnum's other quote would fit the man selling that high priced pinball.

You know I had rather be laughed at than not to be noticed at all…

If you check most EM's that are made with a SS also have no estimated prices. Just makes me wonder on them.

1 month later
    #8 6 years ago

I know sellers can sell at any price, but really a not perfect working pin. Needs flipper rebuilt and was $1,000.00 now $900.00?

I would expect it to be flawless for this price, no wear, no flaking, etc. By the way I am taking about a Pit Stop which by the way is one of those pins that seems to be the newest let's jack-it-up till they scream pinball machines. If they keep it up nobody will be playing them.

7 months later
    #9 5 years ago

Super RARE Capersville EM pinball? Really 5,200 for a 1966 run is Super RARE? I don't mind the $3,800.00 price but for the love of pinball please stop the lies!

Most of the people who own it are just not selling but that doesn't make it Super RARE.

#10 5 years ago

Not just the em games, saw a Data East Star War's for $3,600. and not in the greatest condition,
    really people are willing to pay this? I bought a star wars for $2,200 couple years ago, in better condition
    and just cringe now seeing what others are asking for. Yes I know the price is in the eye's of the beholder
    and availability vs demand, but damm really?

#11 5 years ago

Supply and Demand are not reasons for prices in pinball. Let's say it for what it is GREED IS GOOD!

I don't want your pinball for nothing, unlike some here would think. I want to pay a fair price on what it will cost me to fix your above priced and under repaired pinball. But I am not Michael Douglas and not charging you for $50.00-$100.00 an hour that I spend on fixing your pin.

Just a collectors thoughts here is all.

#12 5 years ago

I think low ballers are crazy also

kravlje-voce.gifkravlje-voce.gif

1 month later
    #13 5 years ago

Here we go.... Goin' Nuts , 1983 Gottlieb: $50,000 just saw this one Mr. Pinball. Only 10 made but $50,000!

#14 5 years ago

Every pinball machine is rare according to the general public on eBay/ Craig's.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/highballersdo-you-just-think-they-are-crazy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.