(Topic ID: 208432)

High Tap, Pioneer

By 0geist0

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

New Plastics Pioneer 001 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

A friend suggested that I high tap my Gottlieb Pioneer, but I'm worried about breaking plastics. I would appreciate your opinions on it

New Plastics Pioneer 001 (resized).JPGNew Plastics Pioneer 001 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

You’ll be fine. It increases the power a bit but it’s not Life altering.

I did it in mine and it helped the flippers but it doesn’t create airballs or anything.

#3 6 years ago

Why the suggestion?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from currieddog:

Why the suggestion?

He said it would play faster and hit harder.

#5 6 years ago

No hurt to try it, you can always change it back.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

No hurt to try it, you can always change it back.

#7 6 years ago

give it a good wax and rebuild the flippers if they arnt strong enough. no need to high tap.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

give it a good wax and rebuild the flippers if they arnt strong enough. no need to high tap.

Everything is rebuilt and waxed. I'm curious to try it.

#9 6 years ago

If you are curious then go for it! Can always change it back!

#10 6 years ago

Yes try it. It takes longer to warm the solder iron than to make the change.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Everything is rebuilt and waxed. I'm curious to try it.

Then go for it if you don't like it you can always switch it back. Let us know what you think.

#12 6 years ago

If I want an em to play fast I pitch it until the ball returns to the flippers at the speed I like, then if the flippers can't get the ball back to the top put in hotter coils on or high tap. If the game has a spinner then the proper pitch also depends on the way it hits that. Personally I don't care for the slamming of the pops and kickers on high tap or the flippers usually either. Also before playing any new old game always at least replace the flipper bushings, sleeves and verify proper bat clearance and condition. If your playfield is stable with level inserts and waxed you will cause little harm but if not you will wear it much faster.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-tap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.