Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by djreddog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I don't play poker so I don't know those payouts. This tournament is being setup in a manner that allows first place to cash in. It's not your standard "spread the wealth" prize structure. Pool and bowling tournaments similar to this format happen almost every weekend, so I'm just throwing it out to the pinball world to see if we can get something similar going.

FWIW - If I were local, I'd be out at this format. If I have a killer day, and took home 2nd (out of 50!), I risked $100 for a potential gain of just $200. That's nowhere near enough returns. Still have a really good day and come in 4th/50 and only break even will scare away a lot of people.

As mentioned above, poker tournies and others stage the payouts a lot more evenly. 1st should get a bump, agreed, but 2nd shouldn't be NINETY THREE percent less.

Standard 10 person tournies, top 3 paid, usually get a 50%/30%/20% of the payouts after expenses. There are many websites that will help scale whatever you want considering the amount of people and overall the prize pool.

No matter the game, I'd just personally be out at $100 buy in, 50 spots, 4 paid... even if the game was trivia about my own child.

But if you can get 50 in, more power to you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-stakes-tourney-4k-guaranteed-1st?tu=Yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.