Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by djreddog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Are you interested in some high stakes 1 versus 1 pinball action? If so you contact me directly to get added to the email thread. We currently have 12 players across the Mid-Atlantic interested.

Here is a quick overview of how the challenges take place:

1. Currently we are playing the best of 3 on each machine with the overall winner getting 1 point. First player to reach 7 points wins all the peanuts. (if time ends up becoming an issue, in the future we may reduce this to the first person to get 6 points)

2. Game 1 is randomly drawn using Google

3. Coin Flip to determine who goes first on Game 1.

4. After each game, no matter who wins or loses you always swap places

5. Once the best of 3 is completed on Game 1, the loser then gets to either pick next game or position

6. Rinse and Repeat until one player gets 7 points

7. We followed standard IFPA rules with one exception, don't stop for a stuck ball during MB, instead play on. Of course both players can agree to their own ruleset, this is just a baseline of how we played the first High Stakes Challenge

8. All games will be setup in tournament mode. Ball saves will be OFF on modern games. Tilts will be set to about medium in most cases. We want the players to be able to play the game, yet not play all night long. Each player will have 30 minutes of practice before starting.

9. Matchups take place at neutral locations, all private homes so we have full access to the machines.

10. Find someone to matchup against, and then determine the number of peanuts that be on the line. Each person needs to consider a minimum of 300 peanuts.

11. Matchups will attempted to be streamed

I currently have a date open on 12/20 for 4 people to matchup in Middletown, DE. Remember these are 1v1 matchups, not 4-player groups. I will be running 2 matchups simultaneously. Here is the game list for the 12/20 location.

Flight 2000
    Game of Thrones Pro
    Metallica Premium
    Jurassic Park PRO
    Deadpool Premium
    Fish Tales
    Stars
    Meteor
    Whirlwind
    Iron Man
    Comet
    Space Shuttle
    Iron Maiden Pro
    Paragon
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    Stern Wild Fyre
    Attack From Mars LE
    Harlem Globetrotters
    Avengers Infinity Quest PRO
    Funhouse
    Mata Hari
    Big Game
    Guardians Pro
    Turtles PRO

Hit me up if interested! We had our first match up last Tuesday, $700 peanuts was on the line. Good times and very intense gameplay!!

-Chad
    First State Flippers

#2 3 years ago

Still have a couple of spots available for 12/20.

#3 3 years ago

Black Friday bump. Don’t spend all your peanuts Black Friday shopping. Save some peanuts for this challenge!

#4 3 years ago

Got 2 matches lined up for 12/20 in Delaware. Still trying to get 2 matches put together for 12/13 in Harrisburg. Let me know if you are interested.

#5 3 years ago

Was the first one streamed and stored that it can be watched now? Where will the future events be streamed?

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Was the first one streamed and stored that it can be watched now? Where will the future events be streamed?

The first matchup was streamed on FB live using 1 camera view of the play field. Check out First State Flippers FB page for those videos. We streamed about 80% of the matchups before the devices battery died.

For the 12/20 matchups we will probably be doing the same thing simply because it’s a lot of work to move the full streaming setup AND play. I need to keep my focus on playing.

#7 3 years ago

Here are the 2 matches we have booked for 12/20 at our Delaware location.

First matchup - Joe Fox Sr (IFPA Rank 2951) vs Joe Casacio (IFPA Rank 4689)

Second matchup - Chad Hastings (IFPA Rank 416) vs Joe Fox Jr (IFPA Rank 1803)

#8 3 years ago

Just had another challenge come across today. Andrew Pancoast, ranked #272 will be battling Chad Hastings, ranked #416 on Friday night (12/11). I doubt this will be streamed, but we might pull something off. In the meantime let’s get some more match ups going!!

#9 3 years ago

One of the players playing on 12/20 had to drop. So I have a spot that opened up if anyone is interested. Let me know.

2 weeks later
    #10 3 years ago

Just a quick update for the high rollers out there. Match ups are still taking place and we still have players looking to match up, so if you are interested let me know! We now have 4 private locations available to play at.

A few quick recaps of recent matches.

12/11 - Andrew Pancoast took down Chad Hastings 7-5 for $300 peanuts.

12/20 - Chad Hastings took down Joe Fox Jr 7-3 for $200 peanuts

12/20 - Rick "The Prince of Pinburgh" Prince took down Joe Fox Sr 7-4. They did something a little interesting in regards to the amount they bet. They decided to bet $50 on each machine and then the overall winner would also get an additional $100. So, if someone performed a clean sweep of 7-0 the winner would have taken home $450 and if the match had went to the final game, then the winner would have taken home $150.

I'm available on 1/2 if anyone wants to match up!

2 months later
    #11 3 years ago

We finally have another High Stakes challenge doing down this weekend (3/6). We should be starting around 12pm and the location will be The Foxhole in Middletown, DE (private location). This match up will be Cliff Albert vs Chad Hastings for a whole lotta peanuts!!!

We will be attempting to stream this, if we fail at streaming it on Twitch --> https://www.twitch.tv/delawarepinball then we will at least provide a single camera stream on Facebook Live ----> https://www.facebook.com/1ststateflippers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-stakes-challenge-presented-by-first-state-flippers?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.