• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

54trg.JPG
8ujoui.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Fellas: I'm going to look at another pin in a few days. It's a BEAUTY of a HS. The seller sent me a pic of the boards and i've noticed two red/white wires that look to be capped off with orange wire nuts.

Any HS owners have an idea why these wires would be capped? I've attached a pic..

8ujoui.JPG8ujoui.JPG

#2 11 years ago

I believe some one cut some corners with a repair. Instead of pulling the boards and actually doing the work, they did it with the board on and using a jumper wire for the temp. fix. This is considered a "hack job". Good news for you is that if this is the only problem with the machine, it can be fixed the proper way. Great pin, I have one, and its never leaving! When i get a chance later, I will pull my Back Glass and take a look inside, i know for a fact that in the pic. that is not right!

#3 11 years ago

The seller says the only issue with the pin is that it will reset during multiball.

The pics of the pf are gorgeous and zero wear.. and the price is only $650.

#4 11 years ago

$650 for a working nice pinball is a good deal...even if it's mostly working.

Robert

#5 11 years ago

The playfield is just too nice on it

54trg.JPG54trg.JPG

#6 11 years ago

Not near my game but, taking a quick look at the schematic, it looks like red/white is 26V going to the police light.

#7 11 years ago

I agree Tommi. I just downloaded the schematics and it does look like they should run to the light beacon. Im pretty sure the seller told me the beacon works though.

Perhaps its been rewired..

Does the beacon only go on at multi ball? This may be why the pin resets at multiball.. something with the beacon..

#8 11 years ago

I would jump on it. Looks like a nice game. You will not find one cheaper. I am going to be selling mine soon and it will be more than that I can assure you.

#9 11 years ago

Does the police light only activate during multiball?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Does the police light only activate during multiball?

When you run the red light (the chase) it will go off and during multi-ball if I remember correctly.

#11 11 years ago

Resetting during multiball "can" turn into a pain in the ass on system 11 games. Most of the time it's a broken or missing coil diode on the flipper coils. But, it could be a diode issue on other coils. Inspect all of them. Also, it could be an open bridge rec/diode combo. Mine had all of the above plus blocking diode issues and other great stuff. It was one thing after another when I got it.

It is possible, the seller diconnected the police light because it resetting as soon as it drew the 26v. Beacon light turns on when you drop quarters into it, unless it's set to freeplay, and of course it's on during multiball.

At 650, it's a steal, grab it before someone else does.

#12 11 years ago

Good price?

I've HS2.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Resetting during multiball "can" turn into a pain in the ass on system 11 games. Most of the time it's a broken or missing coil diode on the flipper coils. But, it could be a diode issue on other coils. Inspect all of them. Also, it could be an open bridge rec/diode combo. Mine had all of the above plus blocking diode issues and other great stuff. It was one thing after another when I got it.
It is possible, the seller diconnected the police light because it resetting as soon as it drew the 26v. Beacon goes on when you drop quarters into it unless it's set to freeplay, and of course multiball.

+1

#14 11 years ago

Software upgrade? I've been updating my machines today, some of the changes are impressive.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

It is possible, the seller diconnected the police light because it resetting as soon as it drew the 26v. Beacon light turns on when you drop quarters into it, unless it's set to freeplay, and of course it's on during multiball.

If it's just a shorted/broken diode or the like, why only does it happen during multiball then? Wouldn't it happen whenever a ball hits that specific coil, even during single ball play?

#16 11 years ago

Usually happens in multiball because it's high current stress. Everything is firing off, 3 balls, playfield lights, coils, etc.

#17 11 years ago

Well hopefully it's just a broken/shorted diode on a coil.

If it is, wouldn't the associated transistor be gone too?

#18 11 years ago

Heres a pic of my back box wiring

pics are not uploading for some reason, there jpeg form too.

#19 11 years ago

#20 11 years ago

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If it is, wouldn't the associated transistor be gone too?

No, not necessarily.

It might go eventually, but I think if it was bad now, then the game wouldn't reset.

Robert

#22 11 years ago

Guys: sitting in my truck waiting for owner. Keep ya posted. Gonna offer $500

#23 11 years ago

backbox-- it appears the red and white wire do in fact go to the light beacon

1 month later
#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

sitting in my truck waiting for owner. Keep ya posted. Gonna offer $500

...and?? Did I miss a follow up thread?

#25 11 years ago

Bought it for $600. Cab paint is lousy, but the pf was nice. The capped wires were ok.

I get my cpu and power boards back from Coin op Cauldron friday. Can't wait!

#26 11 years ago

I see the middle yellow target is chipped away, you are gonna need to replace all three targets. Terry at PBL said if your changing one might as well change all 3 because theres a difference in height on the repro targets and will look weird and stand out if you just did the one. New targets sit lower almost touching the PF. Just a heads up for ya. I did all 3 on my middle row stoplight targets.

#27 11 years ago

Is it hard to switch them out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-wires-capped-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.