Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0482.JPG
HS.jpg
#1 11 years ago

All inserts, pop-bumpers, and the top upper PF with LED's. G.I. and flashers reg. incadescents. I put blue frosted LED's on the tach. wheel in the middle of the pf where the clear inserts are. I did this because I had white frosted and it was too bright. How does it look? Its a camera phone, and is not best quality pic, but it is better in person. Ultra Bright Green upper PF! I also changed 2 flasher domes from red to blue!!!............Dispatch.....He got away!! He....WHAT!!!

HS.jpgHS.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Gorgeous!!!!

#3 11 years ago

Looks great

#4 11 years ago

I like it; may have to copy that scheme for my Hs2

#5 11 years ago

Thanks! I got the idea of putting in the green ultra brights in the upper corners from the video. It shows purple ultra brights, but I thought green would fit in alot better in the color scheme. I do like the blue frosted under the clear inserts so it cut down the "blinding effect" from the white Led's I had in there, plus the art color in the area is blue so it fits nicely. Check the video out....

#6 11 years ago

Looks awesome Jeff!

I noticed that you have the old metal lift channel on the bottom of the backglass. I use the same.. Have you had any issues with getting the backglass to sit lower in the slot in the backbox? I can't seem to get mine to go down anymore and the scores are cut off a bit.. like you can't see the bottom segments.

I tried a different lift channel, but same issue.

Any thoughts?

#7 11 years ago

Hmmm.. mine has the metal also and it slides right in. Can the channel it sits in be spread a little with a flathead?

#8 11 years ago

YZ: I can try that. I do believe the backglass slides in all the way, but the score displays are still too low (meaning the backglass isn't far enough down).

#9 11 years ago

You might want to see if there is any adjustability in the score displays as well. How far off are you talking about?

#10 11 years ago

I thought about adjusting them, but they're not really adjustable.

Basically the bottom segments aren't too visible while playing the game. Either the bg needs to somehow sit lower, or maybe the whiteboard needs to rise up?

IDK

#11 11 years ago

I just checked mine and the displays are smack in the center.

#12 11 years ago

Pretty sure the backglass is down far into the slot.

The only things that could be off are either the white board somehow isn't attached at the right level or the displays aren't at the right level.

The displays only really have one area that can be attached to though. Perplexed.

#13 11 years ago

I'am not sure on that Blackbeard

#14 11 years ago

Looks awesome. I am a big fan of colored leds used in the gi lighting.

#15 11 years ago

I like it!!

#16 11 years ago

Regular Vs LED when I had two of them.

IMG_0482.JPGIMG_0482.JPG

5 months later
#17 11 years ago

This looks very close to what I am trying to achieve. Which LEDs did you use? For example, around the tachometer, did you use 1-LED or 3-LED units frosted lights? Were they narrow angle or wide angle?

6 months later
#18 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

This looks very close to what I am trying to achieve. Which LEDs did you use? For example, around the tachometer, did you use 1-LED or 3-LED units frosted lights? Were they narrow angle or wide angle?

Just used frosted led's around tack wheel. The clear inserts got blue frosted led's looks much better, then the bright in your eyes white.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Regular Vs LED when I had two of them.

Haha hey thats mine! It's still going strong!

I replaced the upper PF area with Blue LED's kinda like the above video shows. But it looks basically the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-w-some-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.