• EIght Ball Deluxe LE 28 votes
    62%
  • Niether, save your money 3 votes
    7%

(45 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

police-car-destroyed-by-criminal.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BCpinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

For my next machine I have options between these two titles but it is tough decision. They are the same price and both have significant playfield wear, def not CQ which is fine for my needs. The EBD needs a few minor touchups the HS worn almost to wood in a few spots and the HS background music is garbled/partially non existent.

But all things being equal ....which one would you buy and why?

I have played both for a few games and the background noise of ebd was kind of annoying, maybe for space invaders is ok but not for pinball, sorry don't mean to offend anyone. I know that can be turned off though. Really don't like the LE cabinet either, but trying to keep an open mind. Liked the numerous different shots.

I did not play either machine long enough to get and handle on that "one more game" factor ...was more distracted about what needed work, basic rulesets, and price haggling.

It's a bit of a toss up. I like the HS because it will fit well with my other sys 11's and does take me back to the arcade days of good times' never had a EBD in our arcade, so never had any time on it. I'm looking for a solid 80s title that is family and guest fun, easily playable and catchy. The EBD is that much older and I wonder about board components longevity and parts sources etc?

Maybe I should save my $$ a bit more and buy something like a funhouse, whirlwind or road show. ? Something just a bit newer? But I'd have to travel far and wide to get one. I am a novice but can troubleshoot and work on basic machine tech and board work.

I only have room for this one machine before the cursed "I'll have to sell one to make room" situation.

Keep in mind that there is zero game availability around these parts. When they do come up, you buy in present condition or not, no option to wait for another to show up. Not at all looking to flip either machine.

You advice to help me make a smart decision would be appreciated.

#8 8 years ago

This machine (tbd) would be in between my Space Station, F14 and my 2 EMs.
Good feedback so far Thanks.

Has anyone owned both at the same time? Which one was the favourite for parties and such? I have read the review comments on these 2 and on ipdb ...maybe I should take a family vote..(I know what my wife will vote for!!).

#12 8 years ago

Hmmm....I see car 504 disappearing into the dust....of....

EBD

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

"This is 504"

police-car-destroyed-by-criminal.jpg

LOL!!! That's a good one!
You and gate crasher sure are good champs of EBD, read a lot of gc's older posts about EBD doing my research and all...
Thanks for the advice
<beers>

#28 8 years ago

Wow. The plot thickens...lots of great feedback..thanks.
I do love the fast flow of F14 so Bob's comment above does make me lean back to HS.
I admit I do love the flashy gimmicks and call outs on my other sys 11s.

I'm a bit hung up on the le cabinet and working on the machine...more difficult access.
Not at all concerned about resale value, once I get a machine and start pouring my time into fixing it up it not going to leave for a long time. Ideally I'd just go and play each again but they are quite a ways way from me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BCpinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-vs-8-ball-deluxe-le?tu=BCpinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.