6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubble300.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hello all, i have a High Speed pinball giving me problems. When i turn on the game, the all bulbs lite but no displays and no sound. Probably no cpu boot. I checked all voltages and appear to be good, unplugged all connectors and reseated, no change. When the upper diagnostics switch on CPU board is pressed, i get a test sound, when i press the lower switch i get a code 8. Any ideas how to proceed.

#4 6 years ago

First of all, tx for your inputs.

Wayout:
    the 5v measures 4.99 at 1j17 with no ripple and 4.92 (clean) at pin 1 of U26 /U27. The 12v measure 12.69 with .2vac. not sure if that not good.. the -12v measures -14.27 with .04vac
    i checked the clock signal, its there, checked the Reset line and it goes high and stays there.
    i momentarily pulse pin 40 of U15 to gnd, i get a tiny buzz sound and nothing else happens.
    Question is now, whats next?

Uncivil, yes i did remove rom chips, cleaned leads gently with a small copper brush. No change.

#6 6 years ago

Hey Wayout, success! all working. After doing the cpu troubleshooting and seeing what i could look at, i was able to get with local repair guy who had a High speed pinball. Plugged his roms in and cpu booted. Apparently my roms when bad. Weird, but they are 30 years old. Learned a little on troubleshooting along the way.
    Tx for your inputs and time, really appreciate it. Thats why i just recently joined pinside because alot of good people on here and also knowledgeable.
    Thanks again, Joe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubble300.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-sys-11-wont-boot-can-use-help?tu=rubble300 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.