(Topic ID: 54593)

High Speed sound question.

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Are you able to control the volume of the different sounds, music, effects, speech individually. The music and speech is loud but the car sounds are not very loud. Can't find anything in the manual about this. Thanks

#2 10 years ago

No, there is just one volume control on High Speed for overall volume.

However some sounds are generated by the main board and others by the sound board, so it is POSSIBLE that a bad connection or failed component somewhere could cause the volume on certain sounds to be lower than normal.

Really though, on my High Speed the sound of a car crashing at game over for example is not that loud, so unless you know for sure that yours has a problem maybe the first step should be to post a video with the sound cranked up so we can hear it, and describe which sounds specifically you think are too quiet, and we can let you know if that is how ours sound.

Or, if you want let me know which sounds you mean and I can post a video of mine that you could compare yours to.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for that BadBrick but I have more pressing problems now, all but the bottom row (game over, balls in play etc.) back box lights are out. When it came the other day only the right half of the BB lights worked now today all but the bottom row are out. Reseated the 1J6 and 1J7 on the CPU but that did nothing. Looks like it's time to call a tech for a house call.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-sound-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.