Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 12 days ago

I read through a lot of posts and did not see an issue that resembled mine. Please help if you can.

First, there is a reoccurring rapid sound that is wrong. Sounds like a snare drum hitting over and over. No other sounds, speech, or music plays. It does stop the reoccurring sound when you do enough ramp-ups to lock a ball. When that happens, the music unlocks but there is still no sound or speech.

In music test, music plays. Also in sound test, sound does not play; instead, more music. That might be a clue to somebody out there.

So far, I have change background soundboard, ribbons, and wires. It seems like it is a sound issue with the MPU board, but I am struggling to find it.

#2 12 days ago

Did the sounds work before, and all of a sudden this problem happened?

#3 9 days ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Did the sounds work before, and all of a sudden this problem happened?

Yes. Played a few games just fine. A couple of days later...the issue started.

#4 8 days ago
Quoted from bahbevans:

Yes. Played a few games just fine. A couple of days later...the issue started.

Try making sure all the socketed ICs - especially ROMs and PIAs - are firmly pressed into the sockets (with the power off) then restart. There is a phenomenon called "chip creep", where due to expansion and contraction over time ICs can loosen in the sockets. If you press on them and hear a slight crunching noise, then the chip was loose. See if that helps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hackettstown, NJ
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 164.99
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 99.95
Cabinet Parts
Merf's Pins
$ 22.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside