Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by shock_me
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4FF1BB7B-1822-41AF-A374-D0278FB30AED (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191223_092341_com.google.android.apps.docs(1).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRUMPY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

I'm trying to figure out why the left outlane kicker, and the right hideout kickback are both not firing, during the game or during solenoid test.

Both of these coils are fired thru a cube relay mounted under the play field. Do you hear a clicking sound during testing? If not then check the ground wire for the relay coil circuit. The ground wire is daisy chained from one relay to the next, there maybe a wire break somewhere between the working relays and the non working ones.

1 week later
    #9 4 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Ok the coil relays are clicking in test mode but still no coil fire from either one.

There should be a blue wire on each cube relay, test them for DC power. If good then turn off the game and do a continuity test of the black wire on the cube relay to ground. This should have continuity.

Quoted from shock_me:

To test fire a coil in attract mode which lug should I ground banded or non banded?

Non banded side. But this wont tell you much other then there is power at the coil. The test above will tell you everything you need to know.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Btw there is no continuity from either cube relay to ground

This is your issue. The black wire on the cube relay is daisy chained from one item to the next until it finally connects to ground in the back box. It may also change color to a white wire. You will need to visually follow this wire until you find the break in the chain. Start at the cube relay and work your way to the next item that does work.

Quoted from shock_me:

What’s the procedure to test for DC?

Any time you need to test for DC voltage, meter set to DC volts, black lead stuck under the ground braid, red lead is then used to test for voltage at a coil lug or a test point.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Some repair guy cut all the daisy chained ground wires off those little resistor boards under the playfield.

They did that to install led flasher bulbs. Now you need to keep the wires disconnected from the resistor board BUT you need to keep the wires connected together and insulated with a wire nut.

#14 4 years ago

Playball!!

#16 4 years ago

Each blue hotdog insert has 4 flash bulbs. Each resistor board can work a pair of bulbs.
    So there is another resistor board with a ground wire still attached if 2 bulbs are on or 2 resistor boards have grounds connected if 4 bulbs are lit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRUMPY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-solenoid-chart?tu=GRUMPY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.