• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Newbie here, long time lurker.
As the title says the ramp diverter on my high speed seems to be delayed. On a good shot up the ramp the gates close after the ball has already passed and returns to the playfield. On slower shots the gates close fine and direct the ball into the hideouts as it should. Seems to be lagging a split second behind. Switches and solenoids are working correctly.
Any thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

Well, you might have to pull the playfield out of the cabinet and take apart the diverter mech. It probably needs cleaning and change the coil sleeve at the same time.

#3 6 years ago

Think ur right, I’ll have to get in it to diagnose. PIA. If the coil sleeve and dirty mechs were the case I assume it would have issues retracting as well tho?

1 week later
#4 6 years ago

Negative. Coil is clean as is the diverter. Still having the odd slow response on the diverter. Any one have thoughts? I’m stumped

#5 6 years ago

Have you cleaned the switch contacts with a new dollar bill. If they have been cleaned inproperly the gold plate may have been rubbed off and they will need to be replaced.

#6 6 years ago

I cleaned them with a business card, I’ll give a try with a new bill. Contacts look sound. They register properly during test mode although any delay is difficult to detect.

#8 6 years ago

Nope, dialed in. Switches acting as they should. Any closer they close with ramp vibration

2 weeks later
#9 6 years ago

Bump. I’m at a loss here. Anyone?

#10 6 years ago

Manual calls for a small amount of lubrication on all rotating shafts . Have you tried that?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

When all else fails you need to replace the switches as the gold plating has gone bad.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-slow-diverter?hl=nixpaints and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.