• Latest reply 7 years ago by GRUMPY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PC100351 (resized).JPG
PC100350 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Bought a HS years ago. It has a Happ power supply mounted on the inside top of the head. I thought is was factory at first. The siren and light work fine but sometimes in attract mode the siren clicks, or maybe it's the relay? When dropping a coin in, the siren spins and doesn't click. Weird. I realized later on that the power supply is a hack because it was fitted with a 12V siren. I bought a spare siren with a motor from a fellow Pinsider a while back for a spare.

This past summer I bought another HS with the original siren setup and it has 4 wires going to the lamp socket, 2 solid white on one side and white with blue hash marks for the other. The spare that I bought only has 2 wire for the lamp and 2 for the motor. See pics. I can't understand why the one has the extra wire to the lamp socket. Also what is the correct lamp for the siren? 12V or 24V? I plan to remove the 12V siren and replace with the original spare. The red wires were cut and the fuse was bypassed so I have some work to do. Have to buy a new 3 position connector as well.

PC100350 (resized).JPGPC100350 (resized).JPG

PC100351 (resized).JPGPC100351 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Your second pic is a correct motor and wires. The first pic looks like its from a F-14. Check out (Williams High Speed Build From Empty Cab) there is some good info about reconnecting the motor back up.

Thanks I will look that up. Both assemblies are the same except for the mounting plates and the extra lamp wires on the first pic. The orientation of the motor is also different but the motors are the same with the same shaft length. The assembly from the second pic doesn't match any screw holes inside the top of the head. Is this the relay for the siren motor? ebay.com link: New F 14 Tomcat High Speed Pinbot Road Kings Pinball Machine Relay Board C 11232

#5 7 years ago

Thanks, after reading the rebuild thread, I see you know a ton about HS. I notice a clicking sound when the beacon turns in attract mode and also hear it when you rip the spinners when the yellow arrow inserts are lit, what makes that sound? I'm assuming it's part of the "special" solenoids? I'm little confused about those. I know that I have at least one special solenoid circuit not working, it's the double flashers on the right side of the backglass.

I was just on marco looking at all the HS parts. They have all the parts for the beacon. The siren assy that they have looks just like the second pic I posted, minus the wiring and motor. I'm thinking repro. Maybe mine is a repro also. Mine has the corner cut off the plate like Marcos. The plate on the assy in the first pic is really rough, it seems it was a make shift plate. It's roughly cut, not squared off and has surface rust on the cut edges. Weird to say the least. The lamp arm does have the original brass rivets though, so who knows!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I believe this is the relay on the power supply flashing the GI lights on and off.

This isn't a special solenoid, this solenoid 10. Are the two on the left working? If so then the problem maybe a burnt bulb.

The plate may have been homemade but the motor with the white/blue and white wires are from an F-14. I would use the one in the second pic.

Is that relay supposed to click that loud? It's been a while but I think I did check those lamps and they were good, yes the ones on the left do light up. I ordered the beacon assy from marco so I will have one for each game. The Marco one doesn't have any wiring to the lamp so I need to add that myself.

#9 7 years ago

Out of curiosity, will a sys 11 power supply work in a DE Robocop?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-siren-questions?tu=Lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.