• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DumbAss
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

19454 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dumbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

They are burned to a 2764 at U26 and a 27256 at U27, which I believe is the same setup as the original ROMs.
My question: Do I need a pair of 27256 ROMs (both U26 and U27) for them to work in the 11a MPU? I have an 11b MPU from a working Jokerz and the known-to-be-good HS ROMs will NOT boot in it. When I put the working Jokerz ROMs (both 27256) in the locked 11a MPU, it gets closer to booting.
Thoughts?

I believe you have two options.

1) Remove W2 and install W3.
2) Double the image and write it to a 27128 (or quadruple the image and write it to a 27256).

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I purchased a new pair of ROMs for U26 and U27 and they test good in a friend's HS with an original Sys 11-nothing MPU. They are burned to a 2764 at U26 and a 27256 at U27, which I believe is the same setup as the original ROMs.

Check the jumper configuration of that System 11 (nothing) board. If it works and you have a 2764 then it should have W2 out and W3 in.

Quoted from FiatsRUs:

When I put the working Jokerz ROMs (both 27256) in the locked 11a MPU, it gets closer to booting.

This would suggest to me that your System 11A board has an issue that you need to resolve. Get it working first with a System 11A/B EPROM set (27128 or doubled 27256 at U26 and 27256 at U27).

#7 4 years ago

I don't have any 2764. I only use 27256 and double or quadruple images to use them. I do have an original System 11 (nothing) board but without the 2764 I cannot verify anything (short of looking at actual traces to verify the schematics match the traces).

If I were in this situation I'd use either a 27128 or 27256 in U26 and get your System 11A board working.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

Pardon my ignorance (I don't burn my own ROMs), but what is it to "double or quadruple images"? I use Matt's Basement Arcades for ROM purchases. Can he burn me just a U26 doing what you described or do I need to purchase another pair for both U26 and U27?

No need to apologize for not knowing. It's always better to state you don't know something and ask for an explanation than stumble around and string someone along thinking that they think you know.

The section @ https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Burning_EPROMS#Using_EPROMS describes doubling an image. Essentially it is an exact (binary) duplication of an image. If you use a service and the person providing the service has interaction then ask the person to write the image onto the specified sized EPROM. Any person providing the service should be able to do this for you (presumably at no additional charge since it is literally executing one or two commands in a console).

Edit: You only need the U26 image doubled to a 27128 or quadrupled to a 27256. U27 is already written to a 27256.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune
Other
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dumbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-roms-won-t-work-in-sys-11a-mpu?tu=dumbass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.