Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Yep, energizes as soon as you turn it on. Tested the TIP by using the MM from ground strap to the metal tab on the TIP. Yes it buzzes. But so do all the special solenoid TIPs. If I pull the J19 from the cpu board the coil does not lock and buzz goes away in testing the TIPS. If I test for ground from the row wires at the coil I get buzz to the ground strap. I took the row wire off each coil. Buzz went away when I removed it from the left upper bumper. I reconnected all others and buzz would stay gone unless I touched the row wire to the bumper coil. Thought I found the problem. Started tracing the wire back to see if I could find the short. Then noticed wiggling the connectors from pf to bb the buzz would break up. Found that if I wiggle the red and white striped wire in the white plug this seems to be what breaks the buzzing up. This is the one that runs to the other lug on each coil. Strangely now removing and disconnecting the row wire from that pop as no affect on the buzzing while the meter is touching the ground strap and the TIP. Anyway I got it to quit buzzing by fiddling with that plug. But if I take the lead off the TIP and touch the ground strap as well to confirm meter buzz then put it back to TIP metal tab it buzzes again... until I get the buzzing to stop at the plug. Rinse and repeat.

#2 6 years ago

With 1J19 disconnected, turn on power and then check the tip metal tab to ground for resistance. If low then check the voltage on the base of the predriver. If this is low (lower then .08) then replace the tip and the predriver and the coil diode. If the predriver base is high then you may have a nor chip problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-right-sling-coil-locking-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.