insboard2.png
inserts.png
hsbb.png
plastic.jpg
pinball_011.jpg
pinball_012.jpg
pinball_020.jpg
oldboard.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

Just starting my HS playfield swap. I like to remove all the major components and install Moles plugs for them. Simplifies the transfer and makes maintenance late in life easier by being able to remove the components. Photo attached has all major components removed.

HS.JPGHS.JPG
1 month later
#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Is there a thread about what press to get and how to do this? I'm staring at a chewed up HS myself and any path to saving money has my full attention!

I think this is the press talked about. I am in the process of building mine right now. I just bought the two 1" dies ($39.00) and picked up the 1/2 ton press at Harbor Freight.

http://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html

3 weeks later
#124 10 years ago
Quoted from TheRingMaster:

Been testing all lamps, coils and switches today. Everything seem to work except for some lamps and flashers. Also some switches are really dirty and does not work though I think it's just the dirt and corrosion and not an electrical fault.

This is what it looks like under the apron, I think it's somewhat amazing that the game is working so well with everything looking this bad:

image.jpg 222 KB

image-347.jpg 283 KB

When I got my High Speed my flashers weren't working either. So I was ready to roll up my sleeves and figure out what the problem was....Glad I first checked to see if the bulbs were burnt out... Turned out every one of them was...

3 weeks later
#137 9 years ago

Here is what I did today =)

A question if someone knows, would it be regarded as an upgrade to change the bare wires on the back of the insert board to some new ones with plastic cover on them? It works as it is but it feels kinda... old school..

wires.jpg 98 KB

I've thought about running shielded wire for the GI, etc and just stripping the shield at each light. Lot of work. I have however upgraded my process to use 1/8" flat braid (like the ground braid but half as wide) for all GI lighting.

6 months later
#188 9 years ago

Proper ohms important. Higher watts OK, just not lower.

#191 9 years ago

Does that apply to the resistors on the MPU as well?

Yes, but higher wattage resistors are usually bigger so space may be an issue.

#194 9 years ago

10% can be a pretty significant tolerance. If I tested a 330 ohm resistor and only found 297 ohm, I would probably replace it. I use resistors with 5% tolerance. The greater wattage generally means the resistor can handle more current...not sure if there would be a significant reduction in heat. You will often see rebuild recommendations to increase from 1/4 watt resistors to 1/2 watt resistors.

Generally you should always replace a bad resistor with the same ohm and wattage...unless there is a compelling reason to put one in with a higher wattage.

1 month later
#224 9 years ago

Anyway, not so interesting but heres a picture of the snakes nest im struggling with:

I've been helping mof with his High Speed playfield. I've done two HS playfield swaps. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-restoration-in-queue?tu=freeplay40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.