00404_2VUZaGAzRg4_600x450.jpg
00202_34ps3DDoyBz_600x450.jpg
00X0X_lcQcDS54Hge_600x450.jpg
00f0f_fW7ctc7nvWw_600x450.jpg
00l0l_dMvV7FhadqH_600x450.jpg
00t0t_2zqk8YLQPmE_600x450.jpg
00c0c_91wbeBjzR9i_600x450.jpg
#1 6 years ago

I am looking at a High Speed, this one in particular is local to me so it wont be hard to get.

Here are some details:

Previous owner (not the seller) has removed the original Mylar so the playfield is trashed.
New rubbers,
Comet LED's,
and new Flashers.

The MPU has been serviced.

I am going to be looking at the game in person soon.

Thank you all who post for your help!

00c0c_91wbeBjzR9i_600x450.jpg00c0c_91wbeBjzR9i_600x450.jpg

00t0t_2zqk8YLQPmE_600x450.jpg00t0t_2zqk8YLQPmE_600x450.jpg

00l0l_dMvV7FhadqH_600x450.jpg00l0l_dMvV7FhadqH_600x450.jpg

00f0f_fW7ctc7nvWw_600x450.jpg00f0f_fW7ctc7nvWw_600x450.jpg

00X0X_lcQcDS54Hge_600x450.jpg00X0X_lcQcDS54Hge_600x450.jpg

00202_34ps3DDoyBz_600x450.jpg00202_34ps3DDoyBz_600x450.jpg

00404_2VUZaGAzRg4_600x450.jpg00404_2VUZaGAzRg4_600x450.jpg

01313_6t1TFrdT8bW_600x450.jpg01313_6t1TFrdT8bW_600x450.jpg

#2 6 years ago

$1100

#3 6 years ago

Thank you for your reply, I feel that that is a good price, seller want $1,500. The ad started at $2,200.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from FireGamer3:

Thank you for your reply, I feel that that is a good price, seller want $1,500. The ad started at $2,200.

1500 is fully working with a passable playfield. This playfield is really bad even from the hard to see pictures. Stick to your guns.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

1500 is fully working with a passable playfield. This playfield is really bad even from the hard to see pictures. Stick to your guns.

Thank You, I will try to. Might be a little hard to knock it down to that ballpark.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from FireGamer3:

Thank You, I will try to. Might be a little hard to knock it down to that ballpark.

There will be other high speeds. If they don’t go for it, just tell em offer stands if they change their mind.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There will be other high speeds. If they don’t go for it, just tell em offer stands if they change their mind.

Alright, Will do! Thank you very much for the encouragement, I'll have updates on Sunday or Monday.

#8 6 years ago

The dome on top is incorrect too. I’d say 1100

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

The dome on top is incorrect too. I’d say 1100

Ah I didn't even notice that! Thank You

#10 6 years ago

1100 is probably about right but I would never pay that much for a worn High Speed without the original topper.

#11 6 years ago

I wouldn’t sweat the dome. Who cares as long as it works.

Fun game, but they made a million of them. I’d agree with the 1000-1500 zone.

#12 6 years ago

You can tell you are in the Midwest, yes there are a million of them out there but very few in good shape.

I was looking for one in the Seattle area people wanted $2k for far from perfect machines, I guess when you want something you have to be willing to pay for it.

I was in OKC and saw that ad on CL and I thought even worn as it is maybe $1400-1500 but I have a west coast mindset.

Anyone would buy it for $1100 so that may be wishful thinking. $1200-1300 would be a good deal.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

You can tell you are in the Midwest, yes there are a million of them out there but very few in good shape.
I was looking for one in the Seattle area people wanted $2k for far from perfect machines, I guess when you want something you have to be willing to pay for it.
I was in OKC and saw that ad on CL and I thought even worn as it is maybe $1400-1500 but I have a west coast mindset.
Anyone would buy it for $1100 so that may be wishful thinking. $1200-1300 would be a good deal.

Yea, been looking for my first pin and there really isn't much around here. I'm really only looking for local pins. (which yes makes it harder) idk if I'm going to pick this one up, just depends on how much the playfield wear effects gameplay.

#14 6 years ago

$1,100 is generally a price you would see 18 months ago. Not much today unfortunately.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

$1,100 is generally a price you would see 18 months ago. Not much today unfortunately.

Man and I couldn't sell mine for $850.. wish I held on to it longer. Yeah in todays world if you can get 1100-1200 for that, seems pretty good. Ebay has a "hardtop" to sand the pf down and replace which would make it look new. If you couldn't find a CPR pf.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Man and I couldn't sell mine for $850.. wish I held on to it longer. Yeah in todays world if you can get 1100-1200 for that, seems pretty good. Ebay has a "hardtop" to sand the pf down and replace which would make it look new. If you couldn't find a CPR pf.

Yea, If I did get this and if I did want to replace the playfield I would try to find a CPR playfield

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I didn't know the hardtop was available yet. An overlay is available. Two VERY DIFFERENT things.

#18 6 years ago

For your first pin I probably wouldn’t buy one that will need a playfield swap. It took me several months to do a pf swap on a Pool Sharks. And a lot of blood sweat and tears!

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I didn't know the hardtop was available yet. An overlay is available. Two VERY DIFFERENT things.

That’s why I had it in quotes. The hard top is cleared and looks nice, the overlay is just vinyl?

ebay.com link: WILLIAMS HIGH SPEED Pinball Machine Playfield Overlay

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

That’s why I had it in quotes. The hard top is cleared and looks nice, the overlay is just vinyl?
ebay.com link » Williams High Speed Pinball Machine Playfield Overlay

Yes that is just an overlay. Hardtop is different.

http://www.pinballgifts.com/hardtop.html

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d agree with the 1000-1500 zone.

I bought one recently in similar condition for $1200. Fully working, no display issues, no mods done*, a little playfield wear, no leds.

*Add fuses to the bridge rects please.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes that is just an overlay. Hardtop is different.
http://www.pinballgifts.com/hardtop.html

I mean how much different? Both require sanding the pf and applying a “overlay” of sorts. I just know the hardtop is much thicker and has a built in clear coat, so a better option

#23 6 years ago

Mirco is planning on new High Speed playfields later this year.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Mirco is planning on new High Speed playfields later this year.

NICE! ugh, I love a old game with a new pf and plastics...they look so gorgeous.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

NICE! ugh, I love a old game with a new pf and plastics...they look so gorgeous.

Yea, Swapping out the pf is a pretty tough job but its well worth it if I want to keep this High Speed (that is if I even buy it lol)

#26 6 years ago

I would buy that in the PNW for $1500 as is, kind of sad actually but that is what it takes to get a HS here if everything is working. I would wait for the hardtop and clean it up. The hard top would be all this machines needs immediately.

I know some day I will find one but I expect to pay more than midwest prices. If everything works like displays and the boards are good $1500 is not an awful price these days - like I said before $1200-1300 is a good deal, $1400-1500 is what I would expect to pay here.

It is not restored but it has LED's so it is worth a little more than the $1100 - that is just not what they go for now.

Re-read your post MPU serviced - seems good to go - working displays. I would grab it if I was you - try to knock the seller down a couple hundred if you can, otherwise take it. The hardtop will come out and you will have a great machine. You will end up kicking yourself if you let something go for $100 difference.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I would buy that in the PNW for $1500 as is, kind of sad actually but that is what it takes to get a HS here if everything is working. I would wait for the hardtop and clean it up. The hard top would be all this machines needs immediately.
I know some day I will find one but I expect to pay more than midwest prices. If everything works like displays and the boards are good $1500 is not an awful price these days - like I said before $1200-1300 is a good deal, $1400-1500 is what I would expect to pay here.
It is not restored but it has LED's so it is worth a little more than the $1100 - that is just not what they go for now.

Alright, Thank You for the information. I'll keep that in mind when I look at the game.

#28 6 years ago

Sold a nice one for 1300, although it had some pf touch ups.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from FireGamer3:

...just depends on how much the playfield wear effects gameplay.

HS is an all time classic. PF wear, unless it's glue form ripping the mylar off/ or super cupped inserts, is not going to affect the gameplay at all so don't let that get to you. You're going to wax it yourself and it should play great.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

HS is an all time classic. PF wear, unless it's glue form ripping the mylar off/ or super cupped inserts, is not going to affect the gameplay at all so don't let that get to you. You're going to wax it yourself and it should play great.

Thank You. lets just say Im gonna test the heck out of this machine when I go to look at it ha ha

#31 6 years ago

Don't know if you saw this - this one has been vandalized - hit with a hammer all kinds of broken - no pictures and he wants $900 as is (OBO).

That shows you why $1100 is crazy low and $1500 is not bad for a fully working HS, with a redone MPU.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/63157

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Don't know if you saw this - this one has been vandalized - hit with a hammer all kinds of broken - no pictures and he wants $900 as is (OBO).
That shows you why $1100 is crazy low and $1500 is not bad for a fully working HS, with a redone MPU.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/63157

Correct. Playfields are mostly shot on High Speeds. $1,500 isnt bad at all. With these games, often the MPU board has corrosion damage and the only option is a $200 repair since the boards themselves are not obtainable. Now if you have board repair skills that’s another story. Still a lot of work.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Correct. Playfields are mostly shot on High Speeds. $1,500 isnt bad at all. With these games, often the MPU board has corrosion damage and the only option is a $200 repair since the boards themselves are not obtainable. Now if you have board repair skills that’s another story. Still a lot of work.

The MPU has supposedly been serviced. I’m looking at the game tomorrow

#34 5 years ago

Made the purchase for $1,350.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from FireGamer3:

Made the purchase for $1,350.

Congrats...Great game!

#36 5 years ago

Nice! Now have some fun!

#37 5 years ago

Yeah, congrats!

HS was my first pin as well and not going anywhere. My playfield is darn ugly too. But great fun!

#38 5 years ago

Thanks guys, The game plays just fine besides a few sunk in inserts (boo!), except for one thing, My top left diverter seems to stick sometimes when its not being fired constantly. In the video below the first few seconds the diverter doesn't move hardly at all while the other one works just fine then it starts working fine after a few continuous fires. It always sticks in gameplay as its not constantly being fired.

Video is of HS in coil test mode on ramp diverter coil

#39 5 years ago

Post some good pics of that bad boy!

#40 5 years ago

Here are the pictures you requested @pinhead306, as noted in the original post there is heavy pf wear

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#41 5 years ago

Nice players game! Congrats on your first game! Enjoy it, learn to fix it, and be careful machines seem to multiply! Check out the high speed owners club. Lots of great fixing help and mods in there! Great to read for a new owner.
Dispatch, this is 504, Over!

#42 5 years ago

Cabinet and backglass look in great shape.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Cabinet and backglass look in great shape.

Luckily, yes they do. the only part that is worn is the pf. There is also remnants of a lock down bar, which had been removed at some point.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from FireGamer3:

In the video below the first few seconds the diverter doesn't move hardly at all while the other one works just fine then it starts working fine after a few continuous fires.

The two diverters should always move together as they are linked to each other. If one is moving and the other isn't, you will need to remove the diverter assembly and repair it. Been a while since I had one out in the open, but think the linkage was originally crimped and what you have is that one of the crimps has failed. Will likely have to be welded. Any welding shop could do it for you.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The two diverters should always move together as they are linked to each other. If one is moving and the other isn't, you will need to remove the diverter assembly and repair it. Been a while since I had one out in the open, but think the linkage was originally crimped and what you have is that one of the crimps has failed. Will likely have to be welded. Any welding shop could do it for you.

The problem is not that one isn’t moving entirely. It’s just that it gets stuck sometimes but given enough time fires correctly.

It was the right diveter in the video the first few seconds you can see that it hardly move but when I pan back to it it moves fine again

#46 5 years ago

I might know what it is. I might have to lube up the rotating pieces according to the manual

CEF9DE0A-19F3-498F-8D8B-0E59EABA92DF (resized).jpegCEF9DE0A-19F3-498F-8D8B-0E59EABA92DF (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-price-check?hl=jayg1981 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.