Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by exflexer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys. Left my dmm in Iowa with the rest of my stuff. Was wondering if anybody knew off hand what fuse the pop bumper lamps are tied to. Looking at the schematic I was sure it was the 8 amp slow blow. Didn't look bad but replaced it anyway. No go. Still all out. Might have a short somewhere I suppose but if anybody can confirm, I would be grateful.

Dan.

#2 7 years ago

Well the fuses are fine. Think I have a shorted pop bumper socket?

#3 7 years ago

F3 8a sb

#4 7 years ago

Thanks. Crap that's the first one I replaced. Wasn't the issue.

#5 7 years ago

Check 3J1, 3J4, on the ps board. J4 on the cpu board. Hope it helps.

#6 7 years ago

You problem is the chip.I think it was one of the 7408/7402(if I can remember right).I will check them for sure today.I had same problem.You can check too and the transistors that control the pops

#7 7 years ago

I have seen a few rare cases where the leads for the lamp holders make contact with the pop bumper base shorting the circuit out. The staples seem to give a little allowing the lead to move during play. There is usually clear tubing on one of the leads but if someone attempted to fix the problem before it may be missing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside