(Topic ID: 269411)

High Speed: Painting interior cabinet walls?

By The_Great_Man

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

high-speed-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades-700x447 (resized).jpg
IMG_2534 (resized).JPG
IMG_2533 (resized).JPG
IMG_2532 (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

So I have a High Speed pinball game that is in pretty good shape. But I think it is a little dark. I have led's in most of the playfield and still a little dark. I really think the interior cabinet walls could brighten the game up if they were not painted black. Doing a little research and it seems as though most games have black walls. Is the black paint done for a reason? Is it just classic to do it in black? Or are newer machines starting to try different color paints? I would really to paint the walls green or even better put some type of action decal on these walls to help the playfield but I do not want to ruin the game. Anyone have thoughts on painting the interior of the cabinet walls that are seen in the playfield? I just think they look a little better - Thanks for your input before i do something stupid.

IMG_2532 (resized).JPGIMG_2532 (resized).JPGIMG_2533 (resized).JPGIMG_2533 (resized).JPGIMG_2534 (resized).JPGIMG_2534 (resized).JPG
#2 3 years ago

Hmmm....So I put cardboard on the walls and I like the blue color. But when I put the lights on there are a lot of shadows that show on the walls. Not sure if this would also happen if they were painted with a dull finish but probably. Maybe that is why they are all black.

#3 3 years ago

Heck....why not install mirrors on the side walls?!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Heck....why not install mirrors on the side walls?!

So I guess I should have know this before I asked.

#5 3 years ago

Could always buy the blades from ReteoRefurbs

high-speed-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades-700x447 (resized).jpghigh-speed-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades-700x447 (resized).jpg
#6 3 years ago

Black mirror blades, Awesome look.

#7 3 years ago

If you really want to "brighten" it up and have it "pop" then you need to install mirror blades. It really makes a game flashy.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Black mirror blades, Awesome look.

Black mirror blades. I like the idea. Now I need to find out where to get them...Or do I make them?

1 year later
#9 2 years ago

Ended up buying silver chrome mirror vinyl wrap film roll 12" X 60" on ebay for $7.00. Works pretty good and real easy to do. Cut it into about a 4" piece and put it on both sides.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-painting-interior-cabinet-walls?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.