Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

If you will please: disconnect your beacon connector in the backbox. and then start up a game. Advance in the game Run the red light and tell me if you get any immediate solenoid pulses from the hideout solenoids even before a ball enters them.

Would help me a ton. Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

Bump for bored night crew

#3 11 years ago

Out of town Blackbeard, but if you don't get help by Tuesday I'm up for helpin.

#4 11 years ago

I put this in another thread but. I had this issue when the ramp diverter coil was bad or partially connected. It was like the game was expecting to have to kick the ball out too you but the ball passed all the way through the ramp to drop at the upper left flipper. IDK if this is similar enough to your symptoms but it was an occasion when my old HS use to random fire those same UK's.

Best of luck with your repair I will be interested to see what turns out being the problem.

#5 11 years ago

Shoot again: so did you just have a wire loose on that coil?

What was your fix?

#6 11 years ago

Yeah the wire came loose on the coil. I tested the coil and hooked it back up. Diverters worked fine. I do not remember specifically having the random UK firing after that.
My siren was connected and working at the time. All other gameplay seemed unaffected.

#7 11 years ago

Can anyone test this for me? Just disconnect the beacon and run the red light. Do the hideout coils pulse?

#8 11 years ago

C'mon high speeders! Help a brother out!

#9 11 years ago

Hey Blackbeard, I just verified on my High Speed that no, I don't get any coils firing when I run the red light, regardless of whether the beacon is connected or not.

How often does your left hideout coil fire when this happens? The playfield flashers (top, both sides, and the two under the blue inserts all take turns flashing at a rate of maybe once a second when I run the red light, so if you coil fires at about that rate it may point toward a short with some of those like I mentioned -- if not then maybe that tells you to look elsewhere.

#10 11 years ago

Keeps us posted I am curious what the root cause is also.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from BadBrick:

High Speed that no, I don't get any coils firing when I run the red light, regardless of whether the beacon is connected or not.

Checked mine too and no firing coils.

Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Keeps us posted I am curious what the root cause is also.

Since I own the machine I want to know as well, it has me wondering what it could be.

#12 11 years ago

Bad brick/jeff: thanks for checking.

The coil does seem to pulse at the same frequency as the flashers. About once per second. This has gotta be a short somewhere. How in the world do I find it?!

Would that coil pulse every time that flasher hit, like in diagnostics mode and attract though?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-owners-i-have-a-favor-to-ask and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.