7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160925_101527 (resized).jpg
20160925_101511 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sneakerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello,

Just picked up a High Speed.

This is one of two immediate issues.

Background info:

CPU board has acid damage only at the battery terminals.
Score display driver board has one burnt trace, and not in the machine ATM.
All score displays unplugged.
All playfield lights, switches and solenoids are OK, All tilt/slam switches OK. Flipper driver OK.
Fuses are all good.

The CPU does work, I can execute a perfect startup sequence and play a full game.

When I play a game, everything except the AUX sound (and score display, but I'm working on that) works. When I mean AUX sound, I'm talking about the speech, playfield reaction sounds/scoring sounds.

The music plays fine.

The AUX sound driver board looks OK to my eyes, all connectors have been popped off and re seated. I carefully checked for pin 1 alignment on the CPU board ribbon cable. The ROM is there and the two socketed chips were carefully pulled and re-seated.

If you have any hints, please pass them along!

Thanks,

Tim

#3 7 years ago

@Bhieken, I paid a lot more than the asking price, FWIW. This was on my top 3 most wanted! Come and play it when I fix it!

Cheers,

Tim

#5 7 years ago

UPDATE

Hello Everyone,

The sounds that do not work are on the CPU board if I'm not mistaken.

After successful power up (attract mode), I press the SW-1 sound test switch and nothing happens.

Music plays just fine, but I believe that is a separate sound board.

Tim

#8 7 years ago

OK, thanks guys.

After some discussion with Keith over at K's, I am bringing the board in for a check up. I attached the pictures of the acid damage, it looks mild in comparison to some boards that I have seen. Holding the board up to light, and those fine traces under the battery holder look great. The corrosion appears to be confined to the area in the photo, the chips all have shiny legs. I'm very optimistic...

I hope the fix is simple. If we can repair it, I'll put NVRAM on it as well.

The audio amplifier works, and the board passes it's POST and goes into attract. I used service mode to test all playfield lamps and coils, everything checks out. Just no game sounds or speech. Weird.

I'll keep you posted. Feel free to comment on the acid damage, it's foreign to me other than it's bad to have...

Thanks everyone,

Tim

20160925_101511 (resized).jpg20160925_101511 (resized).jpg

20160925_101527 (resized).jpg20160925_101527 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sneakerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-no-aux-sound-at-all?tu=sneakerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.