4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_4670 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canuck_pinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from envisionpin:

I knew this going in and have already set aside the cash for a hardtop.

Just got HS... it's my second Pin... Got my first back in October (Lectronamo by Stern)>

I'm thinking a hardtop is in my future for HS... please update with any progress on a hardtop. Curious how difficult a project it really is. Seen mixed reviews on here.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Lost my Pinballirginity™ to High Speed over 10 years ago. *blush*
Great game. Still have my HS as well. Keeper, imho.
Pic of my first two pins was taken the summer of 2009.[quoted image]

Do you actually have 44 machines!!??

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from cjchand:

Totally worth it. Mine played OK before but played awesomely after the Hardtop.
Hardtop install is relatively simple if you go slow and be methodical.
I cataloged my HS Hardtop install here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-on-a-high-speed

Awesome... hadn't seen that thread!!

3 months later
#14 3 years ago
Quoted from envisionpin:

I’ve had the machine for just shy of two months and I play it every day. I’ve had a few repairs along the way, all switches and lamps. I figured out that the micro switches can be dunked in high purity alcohol and worked back and forth a few times while “underwater” to restore operation. Not sure how permanent that it is but it saved me when I bought the wrong size switch.
I’ve done the flipper rebuilds and am sending the ramp off this weekend to get a clear one from Freeplay40.
The next thing I want to do is the hardtop but I’m also prepping a house to be sold so that will take a couple weekends out of April/May.
I’m terrible for documenting a repair/rebuild. I am too impatient/just want to finish it and really don’t have that kind of time anyway. I’m here to learn and have fun. Take that for whatever it’s worth.

how's it going on the ramp/hard top?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canuck_pinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-my-first-pin-1?tu=canuck_pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.