6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

High_Speed_Playfield (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Just picked up a good condition High Speed a couple days ago, it's my first pin. Had been sitting in a guys basement for 10 years with little play, so more or less just needed cleaning up.

Anyway, is there a way to calibrate the left drain kicker? I was watching YouTube videos of HS in play and it seems everyone's machine will kick the ball out into the right loop from there. Mine kicks it out directly at the post to the left of the loop but never will go up the loop. I'm assuming the kicker is misaligned somehow? I tightened the screws of the kicker but it didn't help. The table itself seems level.

In the picture the red circle is where my ball hits, the yellow circle is where I think it should hit, the blue line goes form the kicker in question.

Anyone have an idea to point me in the right direction?

High_Speed_Playfield (resized).JPGHigh_Speed_Playfield (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Mine doesn't go up the loop either. Sometimes it'll go past the spinner, but never much beyond that. But it definitely shouldn't be hitting that post.

Check the metal guide on the left side of the left drain. Bend it in a little to change the trajectory of the ball.

Also, get yourself some new flipper rubber

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Mine doesn't go up the loop either. Sometimes it'll go past the spinner, but never much beyond that. But it definitely shouldn't be hitting that post.
Check the metal guide on the left side of the left drain. Bend it in a little to change the trajectory of the ball.
Also, get yourself some new flipper rubber

Ok, I'll try that. It was bent up when I got it (looked like normal wear) so lightly hammered it back straight to where it would have been from factory, but maybe I just need to bend it back.

Actually that isn't a pic of my PF, just a pic I snagged off of Google. I did order a new inlay, rubbers and LED lights for my PF though.

#4 6 years ago

Check your side to side level first then make sure you have enough pitch up, 6.5-7.0 degrees. Then adjust the left metal guide.

#5 6 years ago

Sometimes you can also loosen how the kickback is mounted under the apron

#6 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the advice. I took off the left metal guide and rebent it and now the ball consistently goes up that right loop. It doesn't loop all the way around the back to the right side but at least now it gets up to the upper flipper for an extra ramp shot and isn't hitting the post anymore. I'm guessing if I mess with different bends and get the kicker a bit stronger I can get it to loop around as intended.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-left-kicker-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.