Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 2.00.19 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 3.47.45 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 3.47.45 PM (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

hi,

i just got my new high speed. if i do the soundcheck then not all sounds are played .... the music is working good. but if if counts all sounds up in "sound test" service menu then some numbers are not playing any sounds. not playing:  00, 02, 04  06, 07

CPU Chip is getting very hot on audio Board.... normal ?

and when i start the game and shoot the ball in the play field then it always goes right of the ramp... could it a bad metal lane at the shooter lane ? it just don't hit the ramp from there....

thanks for your help

greets

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from fluxgold:

and when i start the game and shoot the ball in the play field then it always goes right of the ramp... could it a bad metal lane at the shooter lane ? it just don't hit the ramp from there....

I'm sure others with more knowledge than me can help you with the sound issues.... But, if the ball when shot is not hitting the ramp, if you look under the plastic on the right side where the ball exits the shooter lane you will see that you can adjust the angle that the ball comes out.

#3 5 years ago

hi freeplay40 - that ramp problem i have still fixed - thanks ... but still need help with that sound problem

#4 5 years ago

From the manual it says, "The BALL IN PLAY/MATCH display shows a series of test steps from 00 through 07. Verify that a different sound is heard each time the number in the BALL IN PLAY/MATCH display changes."

#5 5 years ago

i replaced the sound board with a new one that should work but still the same problem....

1 month later
#6 5 years ago

Hi,
well i still hear no fx Sounds. I checked and also changed U24 CPU - OK , I checked and also changed U9 PIA - OK , i changed RAM U23

i first changed PIA , checked , no sounds, then i changed CPU, no sounds then i changed Ram U23 - no sounds

week ago status "not playing: 00, 02, 04 06, 07"

now all sounds are not playing .... just music from external soundboard.....

i have changed all roms

i have not changed the amplifier U1 and the D/A converter at U2

if amplifier would be broken then i would hear the sounds when i turn up the volume - but i really hear nothing .

can please someone help me ?

#7 5 years ago

no ideas ? i have no oscilloscope...

#8 5 years ago

You could have two of the 4 pin connectors wrong. If so, the game will play no sounds.

I only know this because I have done it before. Also, after owning 4 High Speed machines, I have learned from others that it's a common mistake when testing,swaping or just pulling boards to work on them.
Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 3.47.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-11 at 3.47.45 PM (resized).png

Double check pic here: see how the lower 4 pin connector is the gray shielded cable. If you switched them, you will get no sound.

#9 5 years ago

can you please mark it ? i dont know what cable u mean

#10 5 years ago

would be awesome help i hope you dont mean the external cable from sound board

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from fluxgold:

would be awesome help i hope you dont mean the external cable from sound board

These two connectors are both four pins. Easy to connect wrong...

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 3.47.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-11 at 3.47.45 PM (resized).png
#12 5 years ago

well that are on external sound board - i have the music from that

#13 5 years ago

I don’t understand what you are saying. You posted before there is no sound now.

#14 5 years ago

i hear no fx sounds and speech.... but i hear the music

#15 5 years ago

I know you said you don't have a scope but you can still check these steps off to confirm voltages and rectification. If you hear music, your amp and everything after the boards are good! :
Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 2.00.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-12 at 2.00.19 PM (resized).png

#16 5 years ago

thanks i will check this

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-issues?hl=fluxgold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.