image.jpg
IMG_20121125_134720.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 484 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 11 years ago

cool can't wait to see more progress, i like the post idea.

#252 11 years ago

Very cool. How are you going to install the wires and the screws? Drilling extra holes? what led's are you using that change colors(red/green/yellow).

#253 11 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

What does every one think of this idea. These colors would change based on the stoplight

Nice! Do you think you'll do most of the playfield posts or just a few key ones - like maybe just the slings?

Definitely want to see a video of this mod when you get it wired up!

#254 11 years ago

Drill a small hole to run the led into. Similar to how I did my xenon posts. They are 3 mm RYG LEDs. Common cathode and a lead for red and a lead for green. Run both at the same time it makes yellow(or the best yellow an led like this can get). With the different leads I can control them to come on and off when I want. 8 dollars for 50. Another few bucks for some resistors to knock the voltages down from the 6.5 volts the game puts out and I'm set. Much better than the 10 dollars a post LEDs cointaker sells(I still love all there other LEDs tho)

#255 11 years ago
Quoted from BadBrick:

Nice! Do you think you'll do most of the playfield posts or just a few key ones - like maybe just the slings?
Definitely want to see a video of this mod when you get it wired up!

Debating still. It's hard to say if the back ones will be noticeable or not. I'm guessing they will be washed out by the GI in non direct view areas. Slings definetly and probably any posts in the lower half. Out back behind the pops and back of the orbits there are a bunch but you won't get a good enough line of site. I just want the posts to be colored to match the stop light. Don't want to wash out the playfield with color.

#256 11 years ago

what a good idea for the posts!!! amazing work, i hope to see this game at Atown show!!!

#257 11 years ago

What does every one think of this idea. These colors would change based on the stoplight

Sweet
Now that's what you call a cool light up star post

#258 11 years ago

You've got wayyyyyyyy more time (and money) than I. AMAZING work and talent, most excellent.

#259 11 years ago

Awesome idea with the posts!

#260 11 years ago

While you were away this was listed, didn't sell, now re listed. I'm tempted....

ebay.com link: NOS High Speed Playfield

#261 11 years ago

I saw that. Not for that price. Just wait for CPR and save yourself almost 400.

Started rebuilding the head last night. Ground braid and got the boards back in and some trim. image.jpgimage.jpg

#262 11 years ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

While you were away this was listed, didn't sell, now re listed. I'm tempted

Not worth it. As the op said, wait for CPR. They are on the CNC mills as we speak, just a matter of 10-layer printing, popping in some inserts, and clearcoating. I put myself on the list after it was sold out, but they did reply I'm in the queue in case anybody backs out, or they have some less than high quality runs.

There's also a beat-up incomplete populated playfield for sale ending soon:
ebay.com link: 1986 Williams High Speed Pinball Used Incomplete partial parts playfield

#263 11 years ago

Lighted star posts are GREAT IMO. Go with it....I mean who else has them on there HS?!

#264 11 years ago

Simply amazing work can't wait to see finished project in Allentown.

joker.gifjoker.gif

#265 11 years ago

I put myself on the list the day it opened up. I've just been waiting since 2009, so I'm a little antsy.

#266 11 years ago

I can imagine I'm getting antsy and I hav complete control over mine! (Well almost. Wife wouldn't allow me to work on it every second I was home )

#267 11 years ago

Looks awesome. Nice restro of a classic.

#268 11 years ago

Little more progress on the head. Got all new labels for everything printed out on sicker paper and applied. Started re wiring it too. image.jpgimage.jpg

#269 11 years ago

You space is confirmed in the booth . Looking forward to seeing the final product!!

#270 11 years ago

I better get cracking!

Quoted from Pinchroma:You space is confirmed in the booth . Looking forward to seeing the final product!!

#271 11 years ago

Lookin good, and I think you just jumped ahead again.

#272 11 years ago

Head is complete. Cleaned up some of the wiring and organized it a bit more than factory.

#273 11 years ago

Head is complete. Cleaned up some of the wiring and organized it a bit more than factory. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#274 11 years ago

You do realize i'm going to monopolize playing this at allentown.. you can work the booth hahaha

HS is still my fav pin of all time.

#275 11 years ago

Added a new speaker too. Old speakers never sound good.

Also be very cautious around those glass displays! Slipped taking a sticker off the light panel. Finally got my thumb to stop bleeding for good on the third day!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#276 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You do realize i'm going to monopolize playing this at allentown.. you can work the booth hahaha
HS is still my fav pin of all time.

Sounds good. Any part coated for 5$! Pinfest special.

#277 11 years ago

All parts have been run through the ultra sonic cleaner and last batch of parts in the tumbler. Just need to resleeve and put new wrappers on all the coils.

Look how black the cleaner is. It was clear when I started cleaning all the assemblies. Looks like motor oil now.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#278 11 years ago

What are the double stacked orange caps on the power supply helping to fix? Not something on mine, but my HS is the only game I have that was complete plug-n-play when I bought it, all of my other games required full power and sound board overhauls.

#279 11 years ago

Not helping anything. Looks like right size cap wasn't available so they went with 2 caps at half the needed size.

#280 11 years ago

Looks fantastic! You didn't run the entire coil assembly through the cleaner, did you?

#282 11 years ago

Boy I didn't know you could do that...makes life a lot easier!

What cleaner do you have?

#283 11 years ago

Greased lightning I used this round. Sometimes simple green or bleche white.

#284 11 years ago

Parts were blown out with a compressor and are sitting on my deck in the sun for the day before I wrap them tonight. 75 degrees out today!

#285 11 years ago

What ultrasonic?

#286 11 years ago

Large one from harbor freight. It was on sale and I used the 20 percent coupon. Was around 40. No complaints with it.

#287 11 years ago

And you just dropped them into the ultrasonic?

#289 11 years ago

Damn...time to pick me up one!

#290 11 years ago

Cleaned all the boards and a few speaker grilles

How did you clean the boards? Or what did you use to clean the boards?
Looks good.

-Rev

#291 11 years ago

Q tips and isopropyl alcohol. Rinse with water. Blow dry.

#292 11 years ago

Large one from harbor freight. It was on sale and I used the 20 percent coupon. Was around 40. No complaints with it.

I see two up there today, they seem to be different sizes. Which do you recommend?
https://shop.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=ultrasonic+cleaner
thanks!
MOF

#293 11 years ago

You want the 2.5 quart one. You will still wish it was bigger. Some parts I had to do half at a time and then flip it.

#294 11 years ago

Q tips and isopropyl alcohol. Rinse with water. Blow dry.

I used to do that on video game boards but found the alcohol tended to soften the clear mask and ended up with a gummy dirt attracting mess. Now all I do is run boards under hot water, use a clean paint brush to wipe clean (using a safe cleaner where necessary) and spot compressed air dry (under chips/sockets/heatsinks) and the blow dry the rest. Get the water off instantly and there is no worry about rusting.

#295 11 years ago

That head looks great! Keep it up.

#296 11 years ago

Finished all the coil assemblies.

#297 11 years ago

Wired proper resistors into the post LEDs and wired some leads. Ready to go in tomorrow. Playfield assembly begins finally!

#298 11 years ago

Wired proper resistors into the post LEDs and wired some leads. Ready to go in tomorrow. Playfield assembly begins finally!

can't wait to see what it's gonna look like when it's done.

#299 11 years ago

Which coils are you using for the flippers ?
The coils specified in the manual have a light blue wrapper.

#300 11 years ago

Same coils. Wrappers I printed off were yellow. I will have to make that correction. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 484 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-full-restoration-started-whridlsoncestood-112512/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.