image.jpg
IMG_20121125_134720.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 484 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrick:

What's going on with the leg bolts - are those white rubber rings? To avoid scratching the legs or what?
I've never seen that so I just wondered if I was missing some cool trick you old pros use....

there you go.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2517

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from pdman:

Do you mind telling us what the price was?

I'll leave it to the restorer to decide if he wants it publicized here. Thanks.

#453 10 years ago

Aha OK thanks beatmaster - for a couple dollars it seems like cheap protection for those beautiful powder-coated legs.

Congrats Whridlsonceatood on the sale and Craig on the fantastic score. We still want to see video of this machine in action at some point!

#454 10 years ago

I got to see the HS in person at Pinfest today, it's really a sweet lookin game. Nice work. The pf looks great and I love the powder coated wire forms. I also picked up a NOS HS pf so I can start my HS resto

DSC02151.JPGDSC02151.JPG

#455 10 years ago

Congrats to the buyer and seller, be happy be proud.

This is taking a System-11 to the next level. Awesome looking game with every detail documented as it happened. How cool.

#456 10 years ago

I'm willing to bet it sold for $2k+.. I don't know if I could do it, put all that work in and then sell it before I really got to play it.

#457 10 years ago

3200 for those asking. Thanks everyone for coming out to see it and all the kind words. Thanks Craig for the easy sale. Don just loaded it up. Sounds like its going to a good home.

Coming home with a Pinbot to do for Pinballerchef. Stay tuned

#458 10 years ago

Ok, for that kind of money, I might be able to part with it. How many hours do you have put into it, 200?

#459 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

3200 for those asking. Thanks everyone for coming out to see it and all the kind words. Thanks Craig for the easy sale. Don just loaded it up. Sounds like its going to a good home.
Coming home with a Pinbot to do for Pinballerchef. Stay tuned

Jim I missed you after packing up. Thanks so much for bringing it !'

#460 10 years ago

Thanks to you too Alex. Was great to meet you finally and had a great time.

190 hours Toyota. I'm ready for a vacation

#461 10 years ago

Thanks again for the sale, Jim. 'Can't wait for Don to get it here. (It will probably be a week.) Why did I ever get rid of our van that easily held two pins?!

#462 10 years ago

3200 for those asking.

With all those hours you put into it and the way it came out, you deserve it.
Looking forward to the Pinbot restoration.
I know it will come out great.

#463 10 years ago
Quoted from pdman:

With all those hours you put into it and the way it came out, you deserve it.

Absolutely. Worth every single penny. I was glad to pay it.

Jim's an impressively talented guy, and his 190 hours is probably equivalent to my 400 hours.

#464 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Absolutely. Worth every single penny. I was glad to pay it.
Jim's an impressively talented guy, and his 190 hours is probably equivalent to my 400 hours.

Pleasure meeting you Craig. The game is beautiful. Enjoy it!

#465 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Pleasure meeting you Craig.

Same to you. Looks like I'll be jumping on the powder-coating bandwagon!

1 month later
#466 10 years ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I've done a lot of stenciling, arcade & pinball, and this is the first time I've used this persons stuff and I'll never use them again.

I've found Jeff's stuff hit and miss; and mostly a miss.

I won't buy from him anymore either.

Robert

10 months later
#467 9 years ago

Going to re-read this killer High Speed tutorial slowly for the 3rd time looking for ideas and tips. Just got my "fair" condition HS, and it's time to do my best.
-mof

#468 9 years ago

Glad this can be of help to you MOF. Good luck. I miss this one!

-Jim

#469 9 years ago

Glad this can be of help to you MOF. Good luck. I miss this one!
-Jim

Love re-reading this every time I do...

1) How did you handle the solenoid wrappers? I don't see a set for HS on PP's site. If you printed them at home, what colored paper did you use? How did you adhere them to themselves?

2) Do you recommend this paint for the spinners? Did you use the original spinners? I haven't taken the old decals off mine they look beat, wondering if you needed to do any straightening on yours?
http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-Automotive-249276-12-Ounce-Equipment/dp/B006ZLT6OO/ref=sr_1_3

thanks!
-mof

#470 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Love re-reading this every time I do...
1) How did you handle the solenoid wrappers? I don't see a set for HS on PP's site. If you printed them at home, what colored paper did you use? How did you adhere them to themselves?
2) Do you recommend this paint for the spinners? Did you use the original spinners? I haven't taken the old decals off mine they look beat, wondering if you needed to do any straightening on yours?
amazon.com link »
thanks!
-mof

Wow...That's funny...to me on the paint. I made new decals for my HS Spinners and the John Deere Green was the perfect match. Not sure if John Deere gets there own label paint from Rustoleum, but the John Deere brand paint is really good stuff. Available at any JD dealer.

#471 9 years ago

Coil wrappers for all my games I get here.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

When you click the link for a coil wrapper edit the address by taking off the text in the link. That will get you the color versions. Then I print on my color laser printer with staples sticker paper. Cut the wrappers out and just wrap around the coils.

That paint was the exact one that matches the spinner and decals perfectly. Soak the spinners in simple green for a few days and the paint should fall right off.

-Jim

#472 9 years ago

Coil wrappers for all my games I get here.
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/
When you click the link for a coil wrapper edit the address by taking off the text in the link. That will get you the color versions. Then I print on my color laser printer with staples sticker paper. Cut the wrappers out and just wrap around the coils.
That paint was the exact one that matches the spinner and decals perfectly. Soak the spinners in simple green for a few days and the paint should fall right off.
-Jim

Thanks!
I found the labels. I See we need:
AE-23-800-01 x1
AE-23-800-23 x2
AL-23-800-01 x1
AE-23-800-02 x1
AE-23-800-03 x5
FL23/600-30/2600 x3
They have:
AE-23-800
AL-23-800
FL23/600-30/2600

So I guess we re-use those 3?

I found http://www.staples.com/Staples-Sticker-Paper/product_490429
but... just in white? Did you buy the paper in the color you want (That's what I'm not seeing)?

thanks!
-mof

#473 9 years ago

Npe I just buy white. If you edit the adress to the coil wrappers and take off the. text part it will give you he ful color file. My laser printer is a color laser printer

-Jim

3 months later
#474 9 years ago

Shooter rod made. Tried getting a vintage Ferrari knob for awhile to better fit the style of the car pictured in the backglass, but I couldn't justify the price tag on the cheapest ones to go on eBay recently. About 250 dollars. Went with a classic Hurst knob.

image.jpg 297 KB

How did you attach it? Was the shift knob thread correct for the rod or did you have to glue it in?

1 week later
#475 9 years ago

I used JB weld. Filled the threaded tap on the shifter and put the blank shooter rod in. Clamped it all together to come out straight and let it sit for 24 hours. Buggers not coming out. Still in there in its 3rd owner now

-Jim

#476 9 years ago

It's holding strong : )

#477 9 years ago

Thanks. I have a HS and CP I'd like to put shift knobs on

1 week later
#478 9 years ago

WOW, is all I can think to say about this restoration.

Would you like to restore mine?

How in the world did you remove everything from under playfield, and keep track of where it goes? I know you can take photos, but geez, that's a ton of things to keep up with.

#479 9 years ago

If someone want this game let me know. Shes so purdy!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-restored-ftfs

4 months later
#480 9 years ago

Thanks for the inspiration -- I just completed my HS project. I'll come back in a few weeks and add a few mods and extra touches... But the "heavy lifting" is all complete with no errors.

-mof

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-restoration

#481 9 years ago

I'd like to request that you post a few more shots of your awesome finished work -- I realize you left us a bit high and dry on the final result !!! (not to mention upside down and backwards!)
-mof

#482 9 years ago

Let me see if I can dig them up Mof. I was in such a rush working all through the night to get it to the show I'm not sure I took the time to snap some final proper pictures. I do have this one on hand right now of the game being plaid at the show with Craig eagerly waiting to take it homeimage.jpgimage.jpg

#483 9 years ago

Let me see if I can dig them up Mof. I was in such a rush working all through the night to get it to the show I'm not sure I took the time to snap some final proper pictures. I do have this one on hand right now of the game being plaid at the show with Craig eagerly waiting to take it home

image.jpg 293 KB

Looks better than the Tron, that's for damn sure.

You are making it awfully hard for me to NOT powdercoat the rails, LDB, and legs in black... Must resist. Don't wanna kick down mega $$$ for this title. Saving the bonus $$$ for Seawitch and Sorcerer. hehe.

I like to say that all pins should go full stainless steel (1981 pins), or all black (most system 11s), and rarely would it make sense to mix and match black and stainless steel. This is CLEARLY a black accent game.

-mof

#484 9 years ago

Yikes! Just for the record, I've lost 60+ pounds since then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 484 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-full-restoration-started-whridlsoncestood-112512/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.