Topic Stats

• 484 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Craig
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 203 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
DSC02151.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20121125_134720.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 484 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 6 years ago

Picked this one up about a month ago. Was waiting to tear into it until all my family was done visiting for thanksgiving. Game was on location up until I picked it up. Can tell game has been kept playing in full order by an opperator. Has a few odd coils and other parts/switches from other manufactures.

Fully functioning but needs a lot of attention cosmetically. Started tearing it apart right before thanksgiving. Almost everything is stripped apart now.

I have great plans and ideas for this one. Stay tuned.

IMG_4923.JPG IMG_4924.JPG IMG_4927.JPG

#2 6 years ago

More

IMG_4928.JPG IMG_4926.JPG IMG_4929.JPG

#4 6 years ago

Looking forward to this project.
I picked up a decent player with tons of cosmetic issues but hope to replace it with a better example someday... or maybe restore. Maybe your thread will inspire me? Hella fun game no matter what.

#5 6 years ago

Cant wait to see what you do with this one.

#6 6 years ago

13 hours later. Current state of affairs:

IMG_5310.JPG IMG_5488.JPG

#7 6 years ago

Cabinet decapitated and almost fully stripped. Just need to pull the ground braid.

IMG_5487.JPG IMG_5489.JPG

#8 6 years ago

Looks like the op did a nice job of keeping it in shape so you have a good starting point.

I have some playfield parts for HS - but not plastics! If you need something let me know.

viperrwk

#9 6 years ago

Nice score! Marco's have complete plastic sets and a lot of parts are still available. Mine is about 100% mechanical, play-field is 97% & the cabinet is 99%. Brutal game fast ball time & no ball saves, You'll find it a game that screams play me while beating your a$$, you just can't step away. Good luck with the rebuilt!

// Error: Image 55931 not found // photo_16.JPG

#10 6 years ago

All new plastics and a ton of other stuff is already on order. Just needs to pull the legs now and I will have a nice pile of parts for Alex to powder

#11 6 years ago

Whridlsoncestood,
if you are selling the individual old plastics im looking for the center one and the upper left targets cover one.

--Jeff

#12 6 years ago

Sure thing. I will look at them tonight and see which are chipped and get you some pictures. You want covers I've the stop light targets on the center and the upper left?

#13 6 years ago

once again!!! another great restoration in progress!! i'm sure she'll look as good as new. did you end up seeing my clear coated DH i finally got installed thanks to your help? thanks again for your detailed clear coating threads and advice.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dh-playfield-clear-coatachieved

#14 6 years ago

I did see it. And I saw you post it up in my old hulk thread a few weeks ago. Came out nice. How's it play now? I suggest getting an HVLP setup and use varathane again for your next one. Comes out even better and you will have less wetsanding. My turbine setup has very little overspray and bounce back. Spray in my kitchen with a window open. No problems.

#15 6 years ago

Great, love these threads you do!

#16 6 years ago

Very cool! Thanks for taking the time to share!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I did see it. And I saw you post it up in my old hulk thread a few weeks ago. Came out nice. How's it play now? I suggest getting an HVLP setup and use varathane again for your next one

thats right..lol sorry i forgot. ya she plays great. just waiting for cliffy to make us all some new protectors! i had access to that HVLP but i prefered just using the cans at home vs going to the shop everytime to spray. can't wait to see how your HS turns out. you been playing IH lately?

#18 6 years ago

Hulk got sold at the Allentown show for 1100. I then picked up a Xenon and restored that one with a bunch of extras "mods" for 3000. Now I'm into this highspeed. I have a shadow here to play while I am working on this one.

#19 6 years ago

Here are the three plastics for over the stop light targets. Lower left is chipped bad in 2 areas. Upper left is good and lower right has 1 small chip in the corner

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#20 6 years ago

xenon?!?? nice upgrade! nothing on the hulk...but i'd say you made a good call. i've got my 66' casanova that needs a total backbox rebuild and cabinet restored. i gave it to my dad as a present, but he probablywouldn't mind the restore i'm sure it won't turn out as nice as most of yours. the pf is in good shape, plays well for a machine that's 60 years old! i'd really like to see what you could do with this one. i feel confident with cab decals, but i haven't been able to find a backbox to replace the current one (its blown out, wood stripped/cracked out) nail in the sides...lol

btw i like that shadow of yours!!

P1000989(1).jpg

#21 6 years ago

You know I'm tuned in . Can't wait to see how this comes out.

#22 6 years ago

I'd love that upper left plastic if its for sale... I've PM'd you also.

#23 6 years ago

Cabinet is fully stripped and empty. All parts are sorted out so I can make a new parts list.

image.jpg

#24 6 years ago

Here are some pictures really showing the shape of the cab

#26 6 years ago

Pile of parts for Alex levy

image.jpg

#27 6 years ago

Also here is a couple links. I am uploading every picture I take to photobucket albums. All if my past project/restorations are now at http://www.photobucket.com/whridlsoncestood

Direct link to restoration of High Speed is at http://www.photobucket.com/high_speed_

All teardown pictures of High Speed at at http://www.photobucket.com/high_speed_teardown

Several hundred pictures there already. Hopefully that well help a lot of people when shopping/fixing a High Speed. I will be keeping a catalog of teardown/shop out pics of all future projects on my photobucket account

#28 6 years ago

Should be getting a few new "toys" to help work on this in the mail this weekend too

#29 6 years ago

Whatcha getting?

#30 6 years ago

Pile of parts for Alex levy

Ohh boy are those going to look nice! I love sys11 rails. Nice and flat. Look great

#31 6 years ago

I'am following this, any updates? What is the exact color of yellow is the cabinet art? That seems to be a tough match. My HS needs this attention so I will follow your steps and process.

#32 6 years ago

Cabinet is fully stripped and empty. All parts are sorted out so I can make a new parts list.

Do you remove the harness from the pf? Looks like you clip off all solder joints. How do you keep track of what goes where?

#33 6 years ago

Just a little bit more of under playfield stripping of the mechanics and some parts tumbling. It will be a bit before the cab gets redone. Going to do the playfield first and while the clear is curing I will tackle the cab.

I don't clip any wires. I unsolder everything. I take detailed pictures of every wire I unsolder so I know which one goes where. The harness has a pretty good "memory" of wanting to go back in the same formation.

I will have some good progress end if the week/weekend.

#34 6 years ago

Just a little bit more of under playfield stripping of the mechanics and some parts tumbling. It will be a bit before the cab gets redone. Going to do the playfield first and while the clear is curing I will tackle the cab.
I don't clip any wires. I unsolder everything. I take detailed pictures of every wire I unsolder so I know which one goes where. The harness has a pretty good "memory" of wanting to go back in the same formation.
I will have some good progress end if the week/weekend.

Memory or not, I can't imagine how much time that takes to resolder. Do you replace all diodes?

#35 6 years ago

Soldering is really easy. Once you are use to it it takes no time. Tin lug, tin wire and touch the two. On to the next one

#36 6 years ago

I may replace all diodes just to make game that much more bulletproof when done.

#37 6 years ago

What color(s) are you going with on the legs, side rails, lock down bar and wire forms?

#38 6 years ago

I'll reveal that when everything comes back from Alex

#39 6 years ago

Fully stripped finally. Ground braid is so annoying.

Time to start cleaning it up tomorrow and assessing all the damage.

IMG_5712.JPG IMG_5711.JPG IMG_5713.JPG

#40 6 years ago

Did some Mylar removal. Paint is cracked in a lot of spots. Right spinner was the worst it cleanly pulled all the paint off. Will clean with magic eraser tonight and then have to ckear it after that just to stabilize everything.

#41 6 years ago

Wow, you have your work cut out for you on this one.

#42 6 years ago

Looks like some one has tried gluing these blue inserts to stop them from popping more and got glue everywhere and covered it with black sharpie.

Rest of the inserts very raised

image.jpg image.jpg

#43 6 years ago

Will you remove inserts ? To sand and polish them before redecaling ?

#44 6 years ago

Yes I will. The previous finish on them is chilling and worn at the edges. No other way to really fix that without sanding in place and that creates a good chance of thing the artwork around them.

#45 6 years ago

Love seeing these threads - very impressed with your work. ....makes me miss my High Speed.

#46 6 years ago

Great thread. Thanks for taking the time to document your steps.

#47 6 years ago

Cleaned everything with magic eraser and alcohol.

Spent a lots of time on the center area above the car with the gradient skyline. I wanted to get that perfectly clean as repainting like that is damn near not worth it. It came out nicely. Lots of work ahead of me tho.

IMG_5724.JPG IMG_5725.JPG IMG_5726.JPG

#48 6 years ago

More

IMG_5729.JPG IMG_5727.JPG IMG_5730.JPG

#49 6 years ago

man, those parts from alex and on a high speed, i dont know if it's been done before but i'm sure its gonna look great, i dont wanna miss this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sandusky, OH
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 484 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside