• Latest reply 9 years ago by TrainH2o
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_8589.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Happens frequently enough to irritate the hell out of me. I've had the shooter apart several times & cleaning everything seems to help for awhile. I don't have a new plunger sleeve but the exisiting one looks fine after clean up. (I might try switching it out with the sleeve from my Cyclone or Big Guns.) Grasping the plunger knob, I can wiggle it around so there is some minor play in it but my other machines have this also.
When it starts acting up, I notice the ball bouncing around in the shooter lane on a full plunge. On a good plunge it glides straight & true through the shooter lane and glides right up the ramp like it should. Something is going on.
I've read about folks "tweaking" the plunger assembly to reposition the shooter tip so that it contacts the ball straight on or off center to impart spin. How is this done? Sorry if it's an elementary question.... this is one of those things I haven't dealt with yet. I'm sure I could figure this out on my own, but would like some advice before I fool with it later today.

#2 11 years ago

You can adjust the trajectory of the plunge via the upper metal guide, under the 'Don't Drink and Drive' plastic.

100_8589.JPG100_8589.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Thank you sir. I'll fiddle with that & see what happens.

#4 11 years ago

The plunger assy. should be held on with three screws. Loosen them and adjust the plunger so it hits the ball square, then tighten the screws.

#5 11 years ago

Used to happen to mine. Made me bang my head against everything hard for a while. Finally saw the adjustments when changing all the bulbs. It was glorious. This was before I was on pinside and could've got some quick and painless assistance. I love this place for that...

1 year later
#6 9 years ago

I am having this very issue; balls hitting the left side of the ramp entry.

I will remove that plastic and try to make an adjustment, tonight. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-full-plunge-ball-glances-off-corner-of-ramp-entry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.