Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by AMBoggs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

After playing the game for awhile the flippers will sometimes stop responding. It can vary between doing it pretty quick after starting a game or it can work just fine for many games before it happens. Sometimes if I turn the game off and back on they will work again but more often I have to put it in diagnostic mode then they will start back up again and you can go back to playing it.

The flipper enable relay at K1 is a 4P, 40 ohm, 6 volt relay. It connects through transistor Q67 (2N4401) and a 7402 at U50 and a 7406 at U56, and ultimately the 6821 PIA at U10. Checking the transistor on the board with my DMM it seems OK. Which component would be most likely to cause such an intermittent problem?

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from Bonanzasteve:

The flipper enable relay at K1 is a 4P, 40 ohm, 6 volt relay. It connects through transistor Q67 (2N4401) and a 7402 at U50 and a 7406 at U56, and ultimately the 6821 PIA at U10. Checking the transistor on the board with my DMM it seems OK. Which component would be most likely to cause such an intermittent problem

This is the ground side of the circuit, there could also be a problem with the power side. I would put a jumper from the ground side of the cabinet flipper switch to the ground braid, this will enable the flippers any time the pin is powered on. Retest and go from there.

#3 8 years ago

I had a somewhat similar problem and it ended up being a shorted switch. You may want to check the switches in diagnostic mode.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the advice, that gives me some things I will check out. If it is a switch problem, wouldn't it just affect whichever side the bad switch is on?

#5 8 years ago

Not necessarily. Mine locked up all the flippers. It was showing up as a stuck switch in diagnostic mode. If you aren't getting that, you will need to look elsewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-flippers-sometimes-go-dead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.