High Speed Diverter Issue - need advice please

By AXrelay

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

The left (first) switch on the ramp is working, but does not activate the diverter to send the ball down the left hideout. I checked the switch by hand and with the ball, and the switch activates the lights (flashers) and registers that the ball has passed, but the diverter does not activate until the right switch (second) is activated.

What this means in the game is you always get 2 ball multiball and not 3 ball multiball because the ball never goes in the left hideout.

In reading other past posts I assumed that the switch was dirty or not adjusted, but it seems to be working fine. I have not taken off the ramp yet, but will if I need to (I'm a newbe at this ramp stuff).

Loose wire? Another potential issue?

#2 9 years ago

Did you check the switch in the left hideout to make sure the machine doesnt think there is already a ball in there?
Are you getting any switch errors on boot up?
Perhaps you should just donate it to a fellow pinsider who lives in your town?

#3 9 years ago

Nice - I should have just called you! I need to check that, but might need some help.

#4 9 years ago

Did switch checks as well as manual check - the all work. Not a switch problem. Other ideas anyone?

#5 9 years ago

I found wires cut on my solenoid. At first I just skill shot the left hideout. Check connections to the solenoid lugs. If switch is registering I would start there. Physically check all mechanical parts while looking at solenoid.

#6 9 years ago

Left hideout switch is also a good idea as mentioned above. Not sure if software makes this sanity check or not.

#7 9 years ago

Todd,

I have had the exact same issue on my High Speed. It is very frustrating. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I am still working on this issue as well. There is a strange delay when the ball does make it into the left hideout. It takes the game a couple seconds to realize it and award the score.

#8 9 years ago

I will do a visual check tomorrow. All switches are working, including left hideout. Not sure if there are 2 wires from the diverter switch - one to register the "loop" and one to activate the diverter.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from GreyhoundAggie:

Todd,
I have had the exact same issue on my High Speed. It is very frustrating. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
I am still working on this issue as well. There is a strange delay when the ball does make it into the left hideout. It takes the game a couple seconds to realize it and award the score.

Quoted from AXrelay:

I will do a visual check tomorrow. All switches are working, including left hideout. Not sure if there are 2 wires from the diverter switch - one to register the "loop" and one to activate the diverter.

Just so I'm clear, you actually went into the switch edges test and manually activated the ramp and hideout switches and they all tested fine? Also, this may seem odd, but when your diverter is activated, both diverter arms come out? The reason I ask is that it is quite common for the crimp on either of the diverter arms to become disengaged... If can be fixed by a welder.

I recently made clear ramps for High Speed so spent a lot of time taking this ramp in and out of the game as well as trouble shooting it. Also make note if the diverter fires early. If the contacts are too close, when the ball first enters the ramp, the vibration can activate the diverter early then when the ball gets there it has already fired.

#10 9 years ago

Had the same thing with mine and fix it by replacing both switches. They had been cleaned so many times that there was no gold plateing left on the contacts. Works 100% now. Testing by rolling the ball by isn't the same as a fast ramp shot.

#11 9 years ago

Yes, switch edge test and manually activated the ramp and hideout switches. Both diverter arms come out, but only with the second (right) switch.

1 year later
#12 7 years ago

My high speed is doing this. Anybody confirm a solution?

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from GreyhoundAggie:

Todd,

This is exactly what mone does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-diverter-issue-need-advice-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.