• Latest reply 9 years ago by Freeplay40
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140811_190622452.jpg
#1 9 years ago

We are at a campground where there's a High Speed so I'm trying to be the hero & fix it with your help.

When I put in a quarter or 2... the credits show but when the credit button is pressed.. there is nothing like no coins were put in. Any ideas?

#2 9 years ago

Credit button not actuating switch or broken wire? Do you have access to the inside of the game?

#3 9 years ago

So you coin in, get your credits, then you push start and the (all? or just one?)credits go away, but no game starts?
My reflex answer is that it sounds like a cabinet tilt switch is stuck.

However more information as to what is happening would help.
For example:
Does it try to put a ball in the shooter lane?
Any solenoids going off?
Any sounds?
Game over or tilt lights blinking?

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the replies.

After puting coin/coins in... there's the usual sounds & credits show... I press the credit button then no ball trying kick up..credits go away.. just goes to nothing

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Thanks for the replies.
After puting coin/coins in... there's the usual sounds & credits show... I press the credit button then no ball trying kick up..credits go away.. just goes to nothing

That's a money maker!

#6 9 years ago

I LIED !

Actually... After inserting a coin there is the usual sound but NO credit shows & it says Game Over even after puting coin in.

#7 9 years ago

So coins are not putting credits on.

Sounds like the coins are not hitting the credit switch or some problem with the credit switch.

#8 9 years ago

There are sounds like a credit is up but no ball kicks out. . there is no light on the point displays either. If I kick the ball up thru manually... the flippers sometimes work & some of the targets make noise but still no lights for points displays.

Thanks again for your replies.

#9 9 years ago

Try this thread, maybe you'll get an inspiration on where to look if you ask mof.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-restoration

#10 9 years ago

Bump...

Picture of boards in case this helps show issues...

#11 9 years ago

IMG_20140811_190622452.jpgIMG_20140811_190622452.jpg

#12 9 years ago

Picture of boards

#13 9 years ago

Did you check the slam tilt switches?

HS should have a switch test mode go into that and see if anything is screwy. Probably will need the balls out or the ball trough switches will go off.

#14 9 years ago

Thanks! I looked for a slam tilt switch on the inside of the front door & couldn't find it. Would it be in a hidden spot?

#15 9 years ago

Nope, should be in plain view.

#16 9 years ago

Number 20 on the right page.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_Blue_16-9064-B/index.html#/646/

or maybe # 18 on this left page but either one is in about the same spot.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_Blue_16-9064-B/index.html#/628/

but in general you are looking for a switch that has a small round weight on it,
like the bottom right of the left page here.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_Blue_16-9064-B/index.html#/94/

Could be on the back of the coin door, in the cabinet floor or side, under the playfield, maybe even one in the backbox, check for all of them I'm not sure how many tilts or where exactly they are on HS.

#17 9 years ago

Great! I will do that. Would this cause the displays (where scores are) not to light up also?

#18 9 years ago

Not sure but a closed slam tilt puts the pin into "game over" mode.

Check out page 4 of the manual. See if your pin is in Attract mode or Game over mode or what. Knowing what state the game is in helps with trouble shooting.

For example here is what is says under game over mode:

"GAME OVER MODE. The GAME OVER indicator lights. The SPEEDER 1 and SPEEDER 2 displays show GAME OVER. Then, the high scores flash on the appropriate player score displays. The game proceeds to the ATTRACT MODE."

So if the switch is stuck closed the game might stay in game over mode and never get back to attract mode.

This is all just guess work on my end. How did the switch levels test pg (25) go?
Link to manual if you don't have: http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/gamemanuals/High_Speed/index.html#/4/

#19 9 years ago

So, you put in a quarter and the game acknowledges it, but doesn't post a credit... hmmmm... how about if you put in a whole bunch of quarters? Maybe the pricing is screwed up.....like $5 for one play. Can you get into audits and set the game for free play?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/high-speed-credits-w-coins-then-nothing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.