(Topic ID: 77432)

High Speed CPR playfield, no email yet......getting concerned.

By Grauwulf

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

my clear2.jpg
my clear 4.jpg
my clear.jpg
High-speed recleared1.jpg
my clear 3.jpg
High-speed cpr clear.jpg
cpr clear2.jpg
cpr clear 3.jpg
cpr clear.jpg
IMG_0468.jpg
IMG_0470.jpg
IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0466.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone who got on the pre-order list a little later has gotten their order email yet?
I hopped on the list in May of 2012, and I haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else from around then gotten their email yet?

#2 5 years ago

I did but, they do send them out in waves. Like a chunk this week, a chunk next week, ect. You shouldn't worry.

On topic, has anyone gotten theirs yet? Any opinions on the "crackles" issue?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Grauwulf:

I was just wondering if anyone who got on the pre-order list a little later has gotten their order email yet?
I hopped on the list in May of 2012, and I haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else from around then gotten their email yet?

Relax mate, they will get to you.

#4 5 years ago

I got on the list in early March of 2012 and no word yet. I'm just being patient.

#5 5 years ago

I got on the first day, and my pf is on the way! Got the email last Friday I believe.

#6 5 years ago

when was the first day?

#7 5 years ago

I was on standby - doesn't look good

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

when was the first day?

2/1/12 was when the list opened I believe.

#9 5 years ago

Just got my email today. (Got on the list on 10-Feb-2012).

#10 5 years ago

I just got my email today, I got on the list Feb. 8 2012 . Tier 1 still available so you should be ok.

#11 5 years ago

On the page, they state the order of emails. Here is the link.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/photo144.html
Go all the way to the bottom.

#12 5 years ago

Didn't you get a reply email for putting yourself on the list? I reserved Feb 3rd 2012, WOW time flies, received my email to order today.

Recipient pic here..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-high-speed-playfields

#13 5 years ago

I got in on the end, the list closed about a month after I got in and I am patiently waiting for that email, even checking my
junk email folder just incase!

#14 5 years ago

I'm still patiently (?) waiting for my email. I received the reply email to the original request, but no idea where I filed it

#15 5 years ago

Got my email yesterday from 3-27-12. So they are getting there.

#16 5 years ago

Do not worry.
Kevin ,Stu and company are awesome and will come through. They Always do! Absolutely no question..Rest assured they honor all requests. The playfields will be amazing as usual and will arrive as fast as they can ship everything out. The suspense is half the fun of getting it. Just like Christmas all over again. lol They will get to all the preorders eventually. I imagine it is quite a load of people!! Great product for a great game. Very much needed.

#17 5 years ago

Oct 2012 I received a reply to an email I sent to CPR regarding the Taxi and HS playfields, they mentioned that there were over 250 names on the preorder list for HS. I'm sure they still have many people to contact....

#18 5 years ago

I'd say if you think you aren't going to make the cutoff, check the PPS website like a hawk or just be on Pinside at the right time. That's how I got my Whirlwind playfield. I don't even know if they are sending any to PPS, but I bet they are going to send a few.

Chris

1 week later
#19 5 years ago

I just got my email last night so they are still sending them out, only thing left is Tier 4 playfields, but I snagged one anyway... Should look better then my trashed one even with some crackling.

#20 5 years ago

I did eventually get my email, only Tier 3/4 were left at the time, it will be here monday. Kind of disappointing, but c'est la vie.

#21 5 years ago

Although i didnt order this playfield.
Why dont they stock more inventory? People are and will be pulling old games out of non- collector home owners, barns, warehouses for years to come. It sucks that everything they make is almost unobtainable the moment it is released with no inventory for future sales.

Purchased a whirlwind 3 months ago. Would have liked to have purchased a new playfield for it, but nla. Same could be said for xenon and firepower playfields as i recently had the opportunity to pick those up as well but passed as i knew repro fields were now unobtanium.

Bottom line cpr, please beef up some inventory for future sales. There are plenty of old games that will continue to be dug up for years to come.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Although i didnt order this playfield.
Why dont they stock more inventory? People are and will be pulling old games out of non- collector home owners, barns, warehouses for years to come. It sucks that everything they make is almost unobtainable the moment it is released with no inventory for future sales.
Purchased a Whirlwind 3 months ago. Would have liked to have purchased a new playfield for it, but nla. Same could be said for xenon and firepower playfields as i recently had the opportunity to pick those up as well but passed as i knew repro fields were now unobtanium.
Bottom line cpr, please beef up some inventory for future sales. There are plenty of old games that will continue to be dug up for years to come.

I wouldn't worry too much, they rerun popular titles frequently. I think they ran Centaur four times or so. Others as well.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I wouldn't worry too much, they rerun popular titles frequently. I think they ran Centaur four times or so. Others as well.

Well, even though I'm on the list (confirmation Email 1/7/13) I'm not feeling like I have a chance, So can they just start the rerun now. Seems there is already a demand for it, "strike while the iron is hot". Come take my money Stu...

#24 5 years ago

Sorry, but I have nothing to do with product fullfilment.....

Quoted from badpenny61:

Come take my money Stu

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

"Can you hook a brother up", Ha, Ha! Stu still THANKS for your work!

#26 5 years ago

yes, we have a bunch already enroute to us.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Well, little to my knowledge, my son signed up for me 11/16/12 and he got his email today. So looks like I will be getting a playfield after all, if my email (confirmation 1/7/13) notice comes I will decline so somebody else will have a chance...and Stu you said you had no pull...wink, wink, nod, nod, Ha, Ha!

#28 5 years ago

Bump to the top for info others may want, latest email notice 11/06/12

1 week later
#30 5 years ago

It's out of stock on PPS

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

It's out of stock on PPS

Boo

#32 5 years ago

i think we still have some in stock you can email warehouse@planetarypinball.com and check ...

rick

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

i think we still have some in stock you can email warehouse@planetarypinball.com and check ...
rick

just sent email, we'll see

#34 5 years ago

On 2/5/14 got my purchase instructions for my 1/7/13 confirmation email of I was on the list. I passed since my son got me one a week ago, so next in line could have a chance.

#35 5 years ago

HS Playfield arrived today...Hurray! Tier 4

IMG_0466.jpg
IMG_0468.jpg
IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0470.jpg

#36 5 years ago

got my high-speed play field. Notice the sanding scratches not polished out. I sanded and re-cleared the board today here are some before and afters. The first pics are after I cleared and polished. The bottom pics are what it looked like when i received the play field

my clear2.jpgmy clear.jpgmy clear 4.jpgmy clear 3.jpgHigh-speed recleared1.jpgmy clear 3.jpgHigh-speed recleared1.jpgHigh-speed cpr clear.jpgcpr clear2.jpgcpr clear.jpgcpr clear 3.jpg

#37 5 years ago

I got a tier 3 and the inserts are soooo much worse than the tier 4 shown. It was not mentioned in the description that all of the inserts are crackled, not just the blue ones.
please don't mis understand, me. I am not saying anything bad about cpr, I am glad they do what they do. (except crackled inserts)

#38 5 years ago

If anyone didn't get one and they have a pf for trade, I will trade my HS.

#39 5 years ago

I had the same thing, my tier 3 looks a lot worse than that tier 4 does. Really not all that impressed. Also, why is the back of the playfield not painted to match the original? Probably a picky point, but I do believe the back of my Space Shuttle was painted, same as the original.

#40 5 years ago

I believe the tier grading wasn't only about the inserts, the quality of the clear coat and any flaws in the silk screening are all considered for the final grade. I don't think the plywood itself as far as warping was a factor when grading. I got a tier 1 and it's warped and twisted. CPR has painted the reverse side of any pf's lately. The BOPP and Centaur were not painted, not sure why. You can paint your own if you wish. Just use a good quality satin finish paint and apply with a 4 or 6 inch foam roller.

#41 5 years ago

TIER 1 (Gold) -
(zero to virtually zero crackles in hotdogs, the cream of the crop)

TIER 2 (Gold) -
(5% to 20% crackles coverage in hotdogs, see attached photo)

TIER 3 (Silver) -
(20% to 60% crackles coverage in hotdogs, see attached photo. Possible small crackles in other inserts)

TIER 4 (Silver) -
(60% to 90% crackles coverage in hotdogs, see attached photo. Possible small crackles in other inserts)

TIER 5 (Bronze) -
(Tier 4 crackles grade, see above. Possible tiny artwork misregistration in places. Possible a barely-there bow in the gameboard.)

TIER 6 (Bronze) -
(Tier 5's that have a noticible "bow" or "twist" in the wood - will be fine once rails bolted on, loaded with hardware, and seated in the cabinet under it's own weight)

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I believe the tier grading wasn't only about the inserts, the quality of the clear coat and any flaws in the silk screening are all considered for the final grade. I don't think the plywood itself as far as warping was a factor when grading. I got a tier 1 and it's warped and twisted. CPR has painted the reverse side of any pf's lately. The BOPP and Centaur were not painted, not sure why. You can paint your own if you wish. Just use a good quality satin finish paint and apply with a 4 or 6 inch foam roller.

I meant to say Has not painted the reverse side of pf's lately

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Seattle, WA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside